Proud of my progress

So I've been building my db and i must say Proud of my progress. Only air filter header jet e tube and sprocket change. My db feels like a totally different bike time for forks paint and a few other little thing and my bike done! For now anyway:laugh:

cxbra

Its nice to see you are excited about your bike as I am with mine. Heres my JC Penney El Tigre.

Mods:

1) Predator 212cc swap. 12/72 gearing, its hard to keep the front wheel down haha.

2) I picked up a beautiful raw rigid fork from Joe's Minibikes in L.A. and its an incredible upgrade over the horribly designed grenade shocks that were original. They have a more aggressive rake than the stock forks, weigh 5 pounds less and are 5x stronger than the original El Tigre forks! Theres nothing like a rigid front end...

3)Box stock mods :thumbsup: I opened up the internals of the stock airbox, and opened up the jet for more fuel. Now the front wheel pops up easier, BUT its more controllable because the throttle response has been smoothed out with the addition of more fuel.

4)The custom made race number plate. I like how it gives the bike that race look. I might put "212" on the plate.
Future mods are: header, open filter, 140 e-tube, re-jet, a timing advance key and a 14t clutch sprocket (up from 12t) for more speed. I want more speed BUT with the same acceleration/wheelies as I have now and the header should help that out.. I have a spare 5.5hp clone that I want to either lightly modify and put a torque converter on, or build it with billet rod/flywheel, cam/carb and get it revving! I want to put that 5.5 on a vintage Taco with mid mounted foot pegs. I'll probably stick with light mods and a torque converter. My mind is just turning!:scooter:

Last edited: