Puddle Jumper

well, just thought I'd share my 1st minibike build. Its a 1980's Sears "puddle jumper". Not very popular, I know, but It was mine when I was a kid and now my 4yo is into it. (not riding yet, but very interested in minibikes). I got a good deal on a clone 5.5 and am going through it with parts from Airaid, AGK and the local hardware shop. Pics coming soon of the build, which will be engine, paint, disc brake, and exhaust. stay tuned.......PS it is fully disassembled and I will post pics of every step. Questions, comments and concerns are very welcome. :cool2:

Wow what a lucky 4 year old to have a Dad who is ready to do a project for and with his son. When I had the Mini Bike shop we sold the Indian Mini Mini a 50 cc motorcycle that came with training wheels and a restricted carburetor intake to keep the speed @ 12 MPH and when the rider became a mini star rider you opened up the intake manifold and air cleaner intake and they would go about 25 MPH. I sold quit a few to 4 year old boys and a few girls too. Glad to help in any way and keep a picture log of your progress.
Steve :scooter:

Sorry for the delay.....pics coming soon

I had some pipes leaking in the house, so the mini project was put on hold. I did have a buddy of mine weld the frame up (cracked it going over jumps when i was a kid). the exhaust is all welded up and I am ready for Paint and reassembly. Pics to follow. thanks for the replies and patience. :weld:

Pics

ok, took the time and posted pics, sorry its been so long. The bike is ready for paint and then reassembly. Stay tuned. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
It looks like you're going to run it on the bottle?

I was going to look into that, but I had a feeling the
stock cast crank wouldn't like it. I searched for an
billet steel crank and couldn't find one for a clone.

Finally DONE

Ok, all done. Now what??? Need a winter project. Yep. I'm hooked. Thanks for the comments, suggestions etc. The kids love it.:wink:(looks like I'm having trouble uploading pics. Sorry. Will try later. Some were uploaded to my albums.

It looks like you're going to run it on the bottle?

I was going to look into that, but I had a feeling the
stock cast crank wouldn't like it. I searched for an
billet steel crank and couldn't find one for a clone.
you
don't
have
to
hit
enter
at
the
end
of
each
line.

i've had quite a few tasty beverages and that made my brain hurt.

i'm trying this being "nice" thing when i've been drinking. i could be an ass if everyone finds it more entertaining. :lol: