Pulled over again

:laugh:

I'm lucky in my area beacause, although unfortunate last summer the 2 cops that came and patrolled my area rolled their cruisers and got injured pretty bad an then quit being cops because of the ordeal. I can drive down the paved main road that goes by all the towns in my area no problems.

I agree. Or find a cheap moped or other legal type of bike paint it up the same as your DB. Make sure you are all legal with plates, license etc, then go riding by his house a few times and have him call the cops on you. He will look like a horse's ass and the cop will be pissed that he got called out.

He is eventually going to wear out the patience of the police and they will stop responding to him.
I agree with this. Buy a Z50 that's street legal and put a pipe on it and cruse back and forth in front of his house then go put the bike away and leave go somewhere let the cops come by your house and your gone do this about 5 times then let the cop catch you show him your legal and be happy happy happy the rest of the day as you ride past his house when the cop is back telling him there is nothing he can do. Be sure to wave and let them know they are number one!!!!! Now the cop is going to hate you and will ride your ass but as long as you your legal your cool and as far as the neighbor he is a dick and he knows it but you won and it feels good to win!!!! If you lived close to me I would lend you the perfect bike to do it.

I wouldn't have guessed that anyone would give you a hard time for riding in Washington, which is a total hotbed of two-wheeled fun. But sometimes you get a neighbor who's just a stinker. My pal in Snohomish tears up and down the street in front of his house on his XR100 and no one seems to bug him. But I think most of his neighbors are racers. Speaking of Evergreen Speedway, did you know they ran indoor flat track races there all winter? The season just ended. They have classes for motorcycles and quads, plus karts and 3-wheelers and pit bikes, and for all ages of riders. If you had 2 or 3 pals nearby w/minis who were game to join in, they'd probably add a class for you, too. Something to think about. It's not very expensive, and you get a lot of track time. They also run arenacross races, but that would pound a mini to bits.

Last edited:
45t, I spent some time this morning looking at CL for a legal moped. No luck yet.

Tom, I had heard about the indoor racing in the horse barns there. I have a Yamaha Raptor I could lower and race.... Or even better, the YFM80 that has no suspension. Don't need swaybars, just put some lowprofile tires on and go. Is there a website with classes and rules? I ran the 2000 season in MiniStock at Evergreen. I was still active duty then and missed some races due to being at sea with the US Navy. Finished 18th in points, no wins but several top 5s. This is the car I ran:

Snohomish is definitely more laid back than here.

My original posts were made in the heat of the moment. I will keep my bikes and ride when I can. Just not happy that I can't do it here more than anything else.

I need to move.

Also going to look for a quieter muffler. If they weren't so restrictive, I would run a Honda generator muffler. :laugh:

Last edited:
WLB, no I sold it in 2001 to a guy in California. He ran it at the Barona dirt track for a while. Dunno what happened to it after that.

When I got back into racing in 2008, I started running ministocks at the local dirt track, Skagit Speedway. Here is the car I used there, till I hit the backstretch wall. Had help...

Built another car.

Here is a race from 2009 where I had the lead and lost on the last lap. I finished second to this guy a lot. my little carbbed 1800cc vs his H22 Vtec.
9-3-09 Hornets A-Main Skagit Speedway - YouTube

And here is the video from my one and only win at Skagit:
Skagit Speedway Hornet Main 050909 - YouTube

And here is the 2010 car. The last car I raced. This one hit the backstraight wall almost the same place as years before. That wreck messed up my shoulder and haven't raced since.

...Tom, I had heard about the indoor racing in the horse barns there. I have a Yamaha Raptor I could lower and race.... Or even better, the YFM80 that has no suspension. Don't need swaybars, just put some lowprofile tires on and go. Is there a website with classes and rules?...[/IMG]

Yeah, go here:

EMXP WINTER SERIES FT | Evergreen Motocross Park

Mickey Fay puts on a great winter series at the fairgrounds in Puyallup, but that's quite a ways from Marysville. Their final race is on Feb 23.

MickeyFaysRaces

Those are some swell race car pics. I love the Mustang II. They do all sorts of stuff at Evergreen Speedway. I saw vid from there on the figure-8 track, and the race cars were all pulling trailers! :eek: I did a couple of slow laps in my wife's Honda a few weeks ago.

I wish I had been able to run the big track. They only let us run the small track with the mini-stocks. Hell, I was only in second gear in the Mustang II. Had 3 more gears... I do miss that Ford 2300 with a Holley 500 singing at 8500rpm.

Speaking of Oregon, A few years ago I ran some diesel drags at Woodburn in my Superduty. Redlighted in the final race. Still beat him to the line... :laugh:

Looks like the Evergreen season is over. :sad:

Took the Rupp out a few weeks ago went past one of those speed trap trailers. went around the corner took it home. Few days later I saw my friend from around the block he said an undercover cop was following me the whole way. I had no idea! Cops around here are usually dicks but this time he let it slide it on ya know people;)

toomanytoys

Some of us are lucky and can ride around our homes.

I probably wouldn't own anything if I couldnt.

His daddy probably wouldn't buy him one when he was a kid

I could always swap out the drag slick for a sand paddle, swap the front end over to honda 3 wheeler and go run up and down the beach in Oregon...

I am back to working on the drag bike. Gas tank almost done. One last mount to weld on.

Ya know, I used to run those racecars around this neighborhood too. Never anything said then....

I think the key here is response time. How far does the guy doing the calling live from you? If it's only a couple of blocks then I would ride by once a day and take the mini home and park it. Make sure the caller sees you, even make sure you're nice and loud and not just putting around. He'll make the call and you can be at home, or away as someone else suggested. I would think that eventually both the cops and the caller would either become annoyed with one another, or the caller would be the one being threatened with citations. You would probably want to scope the situation out first, just to make sure the cop wasn't sitting on the area waiting for you, but yeah, cops aren't that smart so you could beat this thing. At least tweak it a little bit.

I try to avoid neighborhood confrontations, but sometimes you get the stinker that has nothing better to do then sit and watch for every little thing. if you can avoid him by not riding by his house then just stay away. its not worth the hassle tormenting your neighbor. You never know what they might resort to...:eek:ut:

This is getting old. Finally a sunny day and 56 degrees. Pull the bike out and take a short ride. 5 minutes after I get home, the same cop from the other day pulls up to my house. Same person had called. Reads me the riot act again and says if he sees me riding the gold DB, he will impound it and put me in jail for reckless driving.

Seriously considering selling the gold DB and the Hot Rod 390 project.

Currently boxing up the project parts and putting them in the attic.

Offers considered.

I am not angry about this, just :sad:
i had the same thing happen to me. except the cop did it gave me a recless driving ticket went to jail all that. didnt impound the bike though. im still out riding around dont give up because of one little thing but get even though. Ride the lawn mower around cant get you for that. haha good luck.

I agree with this. Buy a Z50 that's street legal and put a pipe on it and cruse back and forth in front of his house then go put the bike away and leave go somewhere let the cops come by your house and your gone do this about 5 times then let the cop catch you show him your legal and be happy happy happy the rest of the day as you ride past his house when the cop is back telling him there is nothing he can do. Be sure to wave and let them know they are number one!!!!! Now the cop is going to hate you and will ride your ass but as long as you your legal your cool and as far as the neighbor he is a dick and he knows it but you won and it feels good to win!!!! If you lived close to me I would lend you the perfect bike to do it.
make a drag moped. i have two and there nice and loud.

I think the key here is response time. How far does the guy doing the calling live from you? If it's only a couple of blocks then I would ride by once a day and take the mini home and park it. Make sure the caller sees you, even make sure you're nice and loud and not just putting around. He'll make the call and you can be at home, or away as someone else suggested. I would think that eventually both the cops and the caller would either become annoyed with one another, or the caller would be the one being threatened with citations. You would probably want to scope the situation out first, just to make sure the cop wasn't sitting on the area waiting for you, but yeah, cops aren't that smart so you could beat this thing. At least tweak it a little bit.
This is what I would do^^^^^
then when I saw the cops out I would ride a bicycle by with playing cards in the spokes and wave at him.Stop and talk to the cop, tell him that guy is mad at you for you saying something to him about walking his dog and making his dog poop in your yard.

If it wasn't the same cop coming to my house, I might think they are not that smart, but as it is, he knows me and where I live. And he has seen me on the DB.

Problem is his house is in my favorite spot to ride in the neighborhood. Coming off the stopsign, taking a left, the road sweeps around in a long left hander and then a long straightaway, 1/4 mile or so. His house is on the far left corner when I pull up to the stop.

What gets me is he and his next door neighbor are always wrenching on stuff. Both have large shops next to their houses. The guy next door to him has a lifted golf cart and runs it around the neighborhood without issue.

I think he is jealous.

I should go make friends with his next door neighbor and find out what his issue is.

WLB

Stangrcr1, very nice videos. Oval tracks and wrecked front ends seem to go hand in hand. I've repaired the front end on the 07 truck on my website a few times. After the third incident had to clip it. What was back around 2000 when I could still crawl under a car and weld overhead. www.wlbsite.com