pullstart turning over crankshaft, clutch and back tire...

Latent

still can't even imagine the correlation between overtightened
rod bolts and the rear wheel spinning latent!

start out simple when diagnosing, maybe your chain is too tight
binding the clutch bushing? lubrication? don't look for a heart attack
in a hang-nail!

:thumbsup:
Yeah Phil that's my problem I always think the worst case scenario first... lol

You can take the chain off and start it. If it runs good and idles fine, then your rod bolts aren't the cause of this problem.
It sounds like your clutch is locked up...

Danford1

Last edited:

Latent

Definitely the clutch lock up, chain is a little too tight i guess even though the spin was spinning freely before, thank you for the guys that provided help.

It's definitely the clutch and chain being too tight. Although if you care about longevity of your motor you should probably take apart your motor and pull out the crankshaft and connecting rod. Then put a piece of plasti gauge in between the connecting rod and crankshaft. This is important to have the proper clearance or else you will ruin your bearings on the crankshaft and connecting rod. And possibly seize them together remember these are Chinese motors every crankshaft measures different at the bearing. On my motor my clearance was to tight. I had to use the shoe lace method to get the bearing down a little. The correct process for installing a arc rod is on YouTube and so is the shoe lace crankshaft method I mentioned.

It's definitely the clutch and chain being too tight. Although if you care about longevity of your motor you should probably take apart your motor and pull out the crankshaft and connecting rod. Then put a piece of plasti gauge in between the connecting rod and crankshaft. This is important to have the proper clearance or else you will ruin your bearings on the crankshaft and connecting rod. And possibly seize them together remember these are Chinese motors every crankshaft measures different at the bearing. On my motor my clearance was to tight. I had to use the shoe lace method to get the bearing down a little. The correct process for installing a arc rod is on YouTube and so is the shoe lace crankshaft method I mentioned.
Sorry for thread jacking, but would you elaborate a little about the "shoe lace method" if not here maybe a PM..thanx

Tain't the clutch, nor the rod.....it's yer muffler bearing. If that's not it, yer catastrophic converter is probably leaking...:shrug:

Always make sure when you remove the arc bolts from the rod, that you tighten them back to the proper torque.
That way, you can snap the bolts and order new ones.

Sometimes my wheel spins when I go to start it.
It's usually because the air in the tires is not fresh anymore.

Hey now. I believe Buckeye is a valuable member in this forum. His 30K plus posts include inspiring builds, advice, problem solutions, bike identifications and more. I think you jumped the g** on your assessment of him from one unintentional typo sent. I don't even know where to find an arc bolt, but I did read elsewhere on this forum that people had their go karts taking off with rear wheel spin as a result of too tight of a chain. I also read on this forum that you should have about 1/2 in of play on both the top and bottom of the chain, especially the bottom.

This the bully clutch that is engaging on you and not locking up at the rpm you want it to? I saw you had it for sale on bobs saying it needed a snap ring.