Pushrod guide plate

I just installed the ~1.3 rockers from NR racing in a GX160, I have currently run the engine but not long with the OEM pushrods. While surfing ARC website I noticed they state that this Guide Plate is required for the stamped 1.3 rockers. I noticed no such advice from the NR website, is the guide plate required? Everything seems to be working fine so far, but I don't want to damage anything. Am I doing anything wrong?

Its a factory cam, 18lb springs, Exh retainer + lash cap on Int valve, NR1.3 rockers and Honda pushrods. The bike is geared to run 50 mph at 5500rpm I am not planning on running much faster than that.

jprice

OldMiniBikes.com
on the gx200 you have to long gate the stock pushrod plate due to the added lift the rockers will create...i guess the factory honda guide plates are different..
long as your pushrods arent dragging the on the plate you should be fine,
i was using the 1.2 rockers with the stock cam,and 18 pound springs, and it was close to coil bind, i would take the valve cover off and just make sure that your springs arent smashing together with the 1.3

i was using the 1.2 rockers with the stock cam,and 18 pound springs, and it was close to coil bind, i would take the valve cover off and just make sure that your springs arent smashing together with the 1.3
Where you running the factory camshaft? The rockers are advertised as being 1.3-1.2 I guess the stamping process isn't all that accurate on these. I rotated the engine over a few times to check and recheck valve lash but it never really dawned on me to check for coil bind.

jprice

OldMiniBikes.com
Where you running the factory camshaft? The rockers are advertised as being 1.3-1.2 I guess the stamping process isn't all that accurate on these. I rotated the engine over a few times to check and recheck valve lash but it never really dawned on me to check for coil bind.
yes i was running the stock cam,
like i said it was close but it did run ok, if its running ok and has good power dont worry about it, just keep an eye on the valve lash:thumbsup: