Quas-Animal--the Intek build revealed

Thanks to OwenD for shipping me the Intek 206 and a special thanks to CarPlayLB for "behind the scenes" feedback and suggestions throughout this build. The Intek is outfitted with Briggs Animal new and take-off parts. This engine is built to produce peak power and torque between 3600 and 4800 rpm. The Briggs Racing support site and manuals were very helpful and the slide presentation documents the process. Still to be bench tested...the Quas-Animal awaits warmer weather. The link below takes you directly to the slide show with all the details.

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/photopost/data/500/Animal_Build.pdf

buckeye

Man, that is great.
Thank you.
I have the same stock engine setting in the geeerage waiting for me to quit being lazy.

Any concern with being able to use the pull start?
My arms aren't as big as they use to be and I was concerned about doing just what you have done. Afraid I won't be able to pull it?
Compression release?
Thanks for the write up.
It will help me for sure!

Thanks, Buck--the stock Animal cam has a compression release built in so I wasn't too worried about that. I didn't want to increase the compression ratio very much so I stayed with stock Animal parts. The "real" Animal is 9.3 to 1, this engine turns over by hand ok--but you can feel the difference. My test bench is still under 3 ft of snow, so I really won't know for a bit.

More pictures of the Quas-Animal

Per the previous owner's (OwenD) request:laugh:, here are pics of the engine assembled. The clear coat has to cure for a while before I mess with it any more. Stock exhaust will go on it for initial testing.

Owen....how big is your checkbook???:laugh: I gotta tell you...this was fun but pricey. Still have a bunch of little details to do before test-firing. The magneto needs to be set up, fuel lines finalized and the flywheel lapped to the crank.