question mdb

finished my clone 22mm mikuni 8 key zero deck .030 off head billet rod 18 pound springs honda aluminum fly wheel lash .004 .006 feels strong but breaks up when you go wide open any suggestions on jetting or why it wont go wide open

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
That mikuni carb is just a bit leaner then the PZ22 carb. You will normally need to play with the air/fuel mixture screw under the back of the carb. If that doesn't work you have to move the internal needle to it's highest notch. Some even shave the needle skinnier. Or just buy a bigger main jet.

hey mbd got it going waaaaaaaaaaaay better with bigger jet still testing and waiting for the pilot to also think i need to play with main more this engine runs great i love the over head valve engine let my friend ride it wheelied he didnt even make it 10 feet and ate pavement but anyways have a question doe turning the screw on the bottom of the carb out lean it or richen it thanks

Ok thanks for clarifying that. Like i said never really worked on a honda. But It looks like I am going to b getting a 13 hp honda for back up. There is this guy down the street from me he doesnt want it anymore! O and mini drag bike are there any performance parts for 13 hp hondas?

65ShelbyClone

There are lots of performance parts for the big Hondas. They are used in some kart classes like mini sprints or similar. Not quite as many manufacturers, but anything you might want is available.

mini maybe you miss under stood me does turnibg thr screw in lean it or richen it is what i need to know iknow it does both but i dont know if it is like an idle air screw on a 2 stroke where turning it out leans it