Question on a ported head on a vc460

chrisr

I have the following cam, springs and rockers currently in a vc460. Don't have any experience with ported heads on small engines so not sure what to expect for torque and horsepower gains. The bike the vc460 motor is installed and would run in the 2600-5500 rpm range with a tuned 40 series clutch.

Thanks in advance for your help.

http://www.nrracing.com/product-p/head-racing-gx390-small.htm

390CAM-280-0211 Camshaft, 280 0211, GX390 (Approx .280 lift and 220 duration (at .050)) + 390-BLUESTRIPE-PAIR Springs, Valve, 50lb Single (Blue Stripe) from NRracing
CHAMP390 Rocker Arms, Shaft Mounted (Champion), GX390, GX420, & 460cc , 1.1 to 1

theres 2 honda heads for the big block the early head which is the larger port and the smaller port for torque , since your building a 460 you need a large head and cam if you want hi rpm power there will be tons of torque i like russel at nr but if you want serious power i would look into bullfrog as there are more into the larger motors also compression pull start all these things come into play

it depends what your doing with it , if your gonna ride around maybe race once in a blue moon leave it in there are plenty of guys that spin em to close to 7000 without them but they vibrate like crazy if you wanna go fast vegas cart has cheap stock stuff not fast i suggest you look into bullfrog for more race oriented stuff im new to this but i am learning i got a 270 and a 390 that im working on