Question on tires for a BT200x

Hey guys. new to minibikes, new to bikes in general, but long time mechanic, fabricator etc. I just got a Coleman BT200x, which seems to have a lot of potential as a little utility vehicle around the homestead but so far I've taken out twice, and both times had to call my wife to come pick me up in the truck.

The first trip I got a stick in the chain and de-railed the chain. I didn't have any tools with me and was stuck about five miles up a trail.

The second time, I got a stick through the rear tire. Not even a very big one. Got it home, plugged the tire, found it flat an hour later. Looked at it more closely and found three more holes in the tire.

At this point I'm actually kinda spooked to take it anywhere since I ended up with so many holes from one ride down a dirt road.

Anyway, by question is.....are there more puncture resistant tires available than the stock? Or did I just have bad luck?

Welcome to the madness. Great place to be. The experts will be along shortly and chime in.
@toomanytoys has several different models and a wealth of knowledge on these bikes. give him a little bit, I'm sure he will have words of wisdom...

SAS289

The stock tires can't be very good quality to begin with. I had one (Wanda 200U tire) get a slow side wall leak with only yard riding and minimal street riding. I ended up replacing it with a $36 tire from Amazon.

You may want to order better quality tires for it. Others will know better than I when it comes to tire recommendations.

I don't know about the newer bikes, but my 200U chain needed stretched and adjusted 3 times before it stopped stretching. For longer rides away from your tools you may want to get a better quality chain. Do not get a no name China chain from Amazon. I recently got an RK chain but haven't fully "tested" it yet. I want to see how much it will stretch before I take the bike on a longer ride away from tools and cell service.

toomanytoys

Stick through the chain isn't really the bikes fault but if you haven't done so already order yourself a few spare master links, and throw some tools in a little bag to carry with you. You can get yourself home. I trail ride my ct200u a lot and the only problems I've had were chains. Broken master link and came off for whatever reason. Little tool bag saved me a pretty long walk twice.

Tires...I cant recommend these enough!!!

SunF 19x7-8 Replacement Tubeless 6 PR ATV UTV Tires A051 POWER II [Single] https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DQBFMF1/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_X8Q8275S0VNDCYXJY1PX

I wore out my stock tires on my ct200u very fast. These sunf have twice as much use and show zero wear! These things hook up in mud, dirt, gravel, and don't handle half bad on the pavement.

My daughter's bt200x is stock but you can add a ton of goodies to them. TAV and stage 1 kit will turn it into a little ripper.

Stick through the chain isn't really the bikes fault but if you haven't done so already order yourself a few spare master links, and throw some tools in a little bag to carry with you. You can get yourself home. I trail ride my ct200u a lot and the only problems I've had were chains. Broken master link and came off for whatever reason. Little tool bag saved me a pretty long walk twice.

Tires...I cant recommend these enough!!!

SunF 19x7-8 Replacement Tubeless 6 PR ATV UTV Tires A051 POWER II [Single] https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DQBFMF1/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_X8Q8275S0VNDCYXJY1PX

I wore out my stock tires on my ct200u very fast. These sunf have twice as much use and show zero wear! These things hook up in mud, dirt, gravel, and don't handle half bad on the pavement.

My daughter's bt200x is stock but you can add a ton of goodies to them. TAV and stage 1 kit will turn it into a little ripper.
Thanks for the suggestion.

So far I have on order a: 60 tooth sprocket, because I live on a steep hill and could use all the torque I can get. Spare chain, spare master links, spare clutch (I toasted my clutch trying to hillclimb and stretched the spring, I was able to fix it by cutting the spring shorter but want a replacement anyway) a four wire rectifier because I would like to put an LED in the headlight since I do a lot at night.

On my list of things to fabricate, a rear storage rack of some kind, just something big enough to put a small backpack or something on.

DaddyJohn