questions about new mini bike

This Is for everyone who is just curious about mini bikes but doesnt have any experience... like me.

I just got a new colman with that hisun motor. I use it for climbing mountains and work. I have removed my govenor for reliability. How far can I go without upgrading the flywheel.

mustangfrank

This Is for everyone who is just curious about mini bikes but doesnt have any experience... like me.

I just got a new colman with that hisun motor. I use it for climbing mountains and work. I have removed my govenor for reliability. How far can I go without upgrading the flywheel.
You removed the governor for "reliability"? I removed the cats on my Stang for better emissions too, ;)

SAS289

One solution is to install a torque converter. It will keep max RPM in a safe range on that bike governed or not as long as you keep the stock gearing.

One solution is to install a torque converter. It will keep max RPM in a safe range on that bike governed or not as long as you keep the stock gearing.
I would really like to install a cvt and I probably will. I am curious about the flywheel fracturing.

I plan to install 18 pound springs and some basic engine work. I do not wish to hotrod it becuase Like I said I use it to climb mountains Mostly. I have heard of people using those timing keys to get a little more low end torque. Are those dangerous?

And if you like your lower right leg to remain connected to your body you should reconnect that governor..
I was never a huge fan of it anyways tbh do you know anything about those timing keys?
What do those effect as far as low end torque that is really what I Am looking for.

Hello @Everett ...welcome to the Oldminibikes.com forum.

By limiting the achievable rpm's, the governor is what keeps the stock flywheel, and connecting rod from failing and imploding.

For safety's sake, you have gone too far already.
You mentioned the connecting rod imploding. I have not heard of anyone upgrading the connecting rod even after achieving greater than 6k rpms. But yeah the flywheel is a concern