questions about new mini bike

Thank you , I could not find the good ones. I'm still looking for the one that shows the guy's leg. I think YouTube blocked them.
Yeah, do you guys know anything about that modified flywheel key. I keep seeing them and I am really curious. Do those help with low end torque? That really is what I'm looking for.

I have questions about a couple parts. First is about that timing advance key. What size do I need and the other is about the carb jet drilling. How much efficiency Would I loose to that.

I have questions about a couple parts. First is about that timing advance key. What size do I need and the other is about the carb jet drilling. How much efficiency Would I loose to that.

jetting carb is wonderful if you also have a header and a less restrictive air filter . If you are going to change a timing key for very little results just build the damn engine correctly !

You mentioned the connecting rod imploding. I have not heard of anyone upgrading the connecting rod even after achieving greater than 6k rpms. But yeah the flywheel is a concern
Hello again @Everett !

Yeah you'll notice in some of the 212 build threads, they are using connecting rods machined out of a solid billet of material, as opposed to the 'cast' stock ones.

Don't let our comments run you off though.

There's a bunch of great folks on here, and we are glad to have you, and your Dad as new members.

We are just looking out for your best interests.

SAS289

So far we know that you do not want to hot rod your engine and want more torque and speed. This simplifies things. At this point you should forget about timing keys and 18 pound springs and focus like a laser beam on getting a CVT on the bike. You will get more low end torque and higher top speed than the bike is currently doing. As I mentioned earlier the CVT will also prevent your engine from running an RPM it was not designed for.

The engine should get what many call a stage 1 kit. This is a jet for the carb, an open type air filter, and a header pipe to replace the stock muffler.

If you do not want to open and build the engine a CVT and stage 1 kit is the best options for improving the performance of the Coleman 200 bikes.

Hello again @Everett !

Yeah you'll notice in some of the 212 build threads, they are using connecting rods machined out of a solid billet of material, as opposed to the 'cast' stock ones.

Don't let our comments run you off though.

There's a bunch of great folks on here, and we are glad to have you, and your Dad as new members.

We are just looking out for your best interests.
Im sorry you said my dad? did he join? Im confused.