Questions after torque converter install

I have a CT200U-EX. I was disappointment with the low end power. I put a 72 tooth sprocket on it and got a little more but still can't pull me up hills from a dead stop. I'm losing weight but am still 215. I want to pull deer so even more low end needed.

At the suggestion of the members here and pretty much all internet advice, I installed a torque converter from GoPowerSports last night. I only rode it around for a few minutes as it was late. It did seem to pull me up the ditch just a very small amount better.

But, if i ease through the throttle, even on flat ground, it doesn't start pulling until I'm pretty deep in the throttle, like half way. Is this typical for TC's? Should I open

I have a CT200U-EX. I was disappointment with the low end power. I put a 72 tooth sprocket on it and got a little more but still can't pull me up hills from a dead stop. I'm losing weight but am still 215. I want to pull deer so even more low end needed.

At the suggestion of the members here and pretty much all internet advice, I installed a torque converter from GoPowerSports last night. I only rode it around for a few minutes as it was late. It did seem to pull me up the ditch just a very small amount better.

But, if i ease through the throttle, even on flat ground, it doesn't start pulling until I'm pretty deep in the throttle, like half way. Is this typical for TC's? Should I open
It is not typical. Mine engages at a higher rpm than the clutch but half throttle is too much. It should not do "a little better" you would notice a MASSIVE power difference.

It is not typical. Mine engages at a higher rpm than the clutch but half throttle is too much. It should not do "a little better" you would notice a MASSIVE power difference.
that's what i was really led to believe. I honestly didn't feel that. I was underwhelmed. Is there anyway i could have installed something wrong or have something tightened too much that allows it to transfer energy but less that it should?

I also question the 72 tooth sprocket on one hand but, on the other, i've seen several reviews where the people take that size back off because it's too torquey. I definitely don't have that problem.

Well you sit on the bike and slowly throttle it up, and see at what RPM the bike starts to move.
That would be your point of engagement, there are different springs and weights to raise or lower that engagement point.
There are also different springs available for the driver as well.

is this a 30 series? is the flat side of the belt on the engine side, angled side of the belt facing away from engine?
Just going through some common things

Well you sit on the bike and slowly throttle it up, and see at what RPM the bike starts to move.
That would be your point of engagement, there are different springs and weights to raise or lower that engagement point.
There are also different springs available for the driver as well.

is this a 30 series? is the flat side of the belt on the engine side, angled side of the belt facing away from engine?
Just going through some common things
thanks a lot for helping me. it is a 30 series. it has the shaft adapter (5/8 to 3/4). the belt is right cuz i was super worried about it.

Well I have never used one of those adapters, so I'm sure someone will come along and help.
On a 3/4" crank, there is a spacer on the crank between the engine and the driver. I *believe* it is 3/4" wide. Could be wrong.
But I forgot to put that spacer back once and the TC was too tight. But I could tell something was wrong because the engine was kinda hard to pull over.

Well I have never used one of those adapters, so I'm sure someone will come along and help.
On a 3/4" crank, there is a spacer on the crank between the engine and the driver. I *believe* it is 3/4" wide. Could be wrong.
But I forgot to put that spacer back once and the TC was too tight. But I could tell something was wrong because the engine was kinda hard to pull over.
interesting. i'm wondering if i was missing a lock nut on that drive assembly and now have too much tension on it.

Nice, sounds like you are on the right track!
Sorry I couldn’t be of more help as far as the throttle adjustment
So, I couldnt figure out how to adjust throttle at engine. I tightened it up at handle bars and then cut the weld off what I think is some kind of throttle stop screw. I also thought I needed to take a washer (spacer) out for plate alignment. Its kicking ass now but its loud. Like a metallic whining nouse coming from torque converter. Also took cover off and see where belt is rubbing cover on top and bottom. That's not the metallic noise. Any ideas?