quick and easy powerdyne

markus

I bought this bike the other day, some sort of powerdyne, it came with a brand new never had fuel in it predator, and some pocketbike wheels that werent really mounted.

I like the frame, it has the looks of the lil indian but its a bigger frame and sized right for my 6' body. I wanted to put a set of go powers I just redid on it, but the axle mounts are not drum brake friendly :doah: so I am settling on a pair of lil indians I have (which actually look better) and a band brake on the clutch.

the 1" footpeg bar was a little beat up, not to mention I did not like where it was mounted so off it went

I decided I wanted some folding foot pegs as this bike sits pretty low, so a quick trip out to behind the shed and I dug out this Rupp frame and a fresh sawzall blade :grind:

I dressed that assy and moved it to the front outside, more like a lil indian and welded it in place. It was the perfect length already so all I had to do was prep and weld :thumbsup:

trying to knock this out this week, I ordered a seat, and the other needed parts that I didn't have around the shop. Not going to paint other than hit the bare metal spots for now. I knocked out cutting the old disc brake mount off, welded a couple of holes that were drilled in handlebar and welded and dressed around the axle holes on the front fork too. Made spacers and setup the wheels, going to get some new bolts for the rear wheel and get both of them detailed and ready as well as anything else I can do in anticipation for the parts coming.

I want to get it done and offer it for sale at Billetproof next weekend. My track record for getting thing done on time is not very good though :eek:hmy:

markus

You have great taste Markus, I have the same 75th anniversary Sawzall:thumbsup:

you gotta look :pimp: when your hacking up stuff :laugh:

A.D.D. kicked in this weekend and I didnt get a whole lot done, did start on the band brake, detailed the front wheel/tire/hardware and started scuffing on the frame a little to smooth out anything nasty and its just gonna get another semi gloss coat to cover it up for now. Have to get to the hardware store for some shorter bolts for the rear wheel and then I should be able to got it all together and hope the seat makes it on time!!!!

matt2

That's a nice little mini the wheels are sweet. I need the leg room also and your fix turned out nice. Keep up the great work and more pictures.

markus

thanks guys!

Little more done, and my seat just arrived!!! Happy to see it came, not exactly thrilled with it but it was the cheapest seat I could find, and you really do get what you pay for! Its flat so i can probably get a real piece of foam half the thickness and restuff it. an Azusa seat is better than this thing :doah: Stick with Kenny or JKinterior or Rawtone if your on the hunt for seat :thumbsup:

Finished scuffing up the frame this am, wiped it down with wax/grease remover, and hit the frame with semigloss black. Only had about half a can left and it was just enough to fully cover. I'll have to go get another can and do the forks tomorrow am.

I also finished the rear wheel assy, installed, put the pegs on, and installed the chain/engine. Added fuel/oil to the new motor and fired it up and ran it for awhile.

Kinda stuck till I paint the forks so I can hook up the brake and throttle. I take it I need a pretty tout return spring somewhere on this throttle linkage at the engine :shrug: whats a good mounting location???

thanks!

matt2

The tool box back ground is a nice touch. Any shot with tools in the back ground work for me. you have a nice shop. What do you like better the Snap on or the MATCO? I like the seat just get some carpet pad that stuff work great for padding. The size and color are good.:thumbsup:

markus

The tool box back ground is a nice touch. Any shot with tools in the back ground work for me. you have a nice shop. What do you like better the Snap on or the MATCO? I like the seat just get some carpet pad that stuff work great for padding. The size and color are good.:thumbsup:

Far as tool boxes, snap on is the way to go for tool boxes built within say the last 10 years. best features and smoothest operation and a really good latching setup for the drawers. My snap-on is a 3 bay and its deeper as well so it has alot of storage and good work area as well.

Tool wise I have a mix between the 2, I like most all the Matco stuff, but I won't touch their ratchets, only snap on, and a few of snap's specialty tools, but the rest in my box is pretty much Matco, mainly because I can usually get better deals form my Matco guy than my snap-on guy :laugh:.

Very cool Markus. I like what you did with the foot pegs too. Powerdyne did some really crazy stuff with their foot pegs. I have one that has a bar that extends about 2 to 3 inches past the edge of the frame and then has the folding pegs. Oh, and it's not even on both sides. I guess for a bigger motor or something. In any case, I really like the look of the Powerdynes overall and it's cool to see another one brought back.

markus

Very cool Markus. I like what you did with the foot pegs too. Powerdyne did some really crazy stuff with their foot pegs. I have one that has a bar that extends about 2 to 3 inches past the edge of the frame and then has the folding pegs. Oh, and it's not even on both sides. I guess for a bigger motor or something. In any case, I really like the look of the Powerdynes overall and it's cool to see another one brought back.
The frame is really skinny for the height of the bike, I think it makes a standard width footpeg setup look out of proportion.

I cant figure out the fender mounts either, front one is a in a good position with perfect spacing from the tire, rear is higher by a few inches, would even put the fender high with a larger 14" tire on it and its skinny so I dunno what the deal is there :shrug: I will probalby just use a flatbar like a ruttman/indian later on hence the cheap and thin coverage paintjob.

markus

Done and ready for the weekend :thumbsup:

Go it all finished up and rode it for awhile this afternoon, engine is 100% stock so its one pull, nice and quiet, takes off like a bat outta hell and then the "Gov" kicks in and puts you in your place :wink:

I added a kickstand, which actually was a pain because the frame sits so low, I had to cut the stand down re drill, and cut and re weld the pin for the spring or it would have looked way outta place in order to get enough angle so the bike would not tip to the right.

I also did not like the way the bar ends went up so I bent them downward and leveled them out

you can see what I mean in this pic I think:

now:

So its ready to go, I have the front plate off but It will get thrown back on before Billetproof on Sunday :thumbsup:

markus

Thank guys, paint job is a little mediocre but I plan to make changes to it if it stays in the fleet, I'd like to build a small emergency scrub brake as I dont like only having the band brake, move the seat straps back, and change the fender mounts, and of course a few mods to the motor. and while I like the look of the slick I'm scared as hell to take a turn at any type of speed! :1orglaugh:

Now I gotta see I'f I can get this Ffffooooxxxx together in 2 days time (this pic is as of this AM) :shrug:

That 3hp was intended to be for my Mickey Thompson bike so I dunno if I want to use it, I talked with Joe, which bought a bike from recently that had a sweet running 2hp on it that hes not going to use so I may buy the motor back to put on this, well see.

The frame is really skinny for the height of the bike, I think it makes a standard width footpeg setup look out of proportion.

I cant figure out the fender mounts either, front one is a in a good position with perfect spacing from the tire, rear is higher by a few inches, would even put the fender high with a larger 14" tire on it and its skinny so I dunno what the deal is there :shrug: I will probalby just use a flatbar like a ruttman/indian later on hence the cheap and thin coverage paintjob.
Yeah, that's what I noticed as well with mine. But I kind of like the narrow feeling frame. What is really strange with mine is that the right peg sticks out about 2 inches further than the left. I could see that if the bike had a large motor on it with the recoil hanging way out there but who knows. Powerdyne did some strange things.

As for the fender mount brackets I can't even give you a 100% comparison because mine has suspended forks and the mid cut suspended sissy bar on the back. There is no rear fender mount either.

In any case, I really like the way yours has came out. Very nice!