Quick question on hydralic disk brake

I'm about to start a new project and need a little advise.I'm going to be using 10in wheels like these,
10123.jpg
On the drive side I'm using a 53 tooth split sprocket setup.I was wondering if it seems fee sable to mount one of these,
AZ2218-2.jpg
on the other half of the wheel to use as a brake rotor,after cutting off the teeth and drilling a few holes in it.
Just need to know what you all think,or maybe there is a better way.I haven't found a hub that would work with this wheel to mount a pocket bike or scooter rotor to so this is what I came up with.
Thanks.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Well, I don't know what the bolt pattern is on this wheel but, there must be a rotor to fit it.

The off-set is quite a bit with that set up. If you don't mind it and it will fit your frame, go for it.

Spacing for the caliper does not need to be that far out from the wheel.

Brake Discs, racemotorparts.com

None of those rotors will fit the hubs for the Azusa wheel and I cant find a hub that will fit the rotors and the wheel.Guess a little trial and error is in order :laugh:

How much room do you have? These sprockets are pretty deep. What kind of project are you working on? Are you customer mounting the caliper?
I've got as much room as I want,I've got a Duster frame that I'm stretching and making a low rider out of so there's going to be a ton of fab work involved so adding a caliper mount is not an issue.I'm also using the same caliper that I'm using on my Hellcat bike which is a street scooter caliper thats pretty freakin big.After working it out for a couple days,I think using a sprocket with the teeth cut off would work pretty good my only concern now is if the sprocket is strong enough to be used as a brake rotor.Pocket bike rotors are not all that thick but they work as they should so I dont thing that'll be an issue.I'm just gonna try it and see what happens,if it doesn't work I'm only out like 25 bucks.