Quiet Muffler?

I live in a community that will allow mini’s on the streets (yay) but I don’t want to give neighbors a reason to complain about the noise. Performance isn’t a priority, a very quiet (relatively speaking) machine is. When I was a kid my buddies and I used to weld stock tube-style mufflers end to end in an effort to not get in trouble with the neighbors. That worked pretty well, actually.

What solution would you guys recommend at the end of a header pipe?

As always, many thanks to all of you,
Don

Two sausage mufflers welded end to end still works as good today as it did when you were a kid.
You can try welding or adapting a muffler from a 212 Predator. Seems like most people take them off and put a loud header pipe on. The stock mufflers are pretty quiet. Should be easy enough to find too. Provided they didn't throw them out already...

Danford1

And just remember if you mod the Predator with advance timing and mod 2 cam, she will get even louder.
Mine with a header and muffler went from a soft rump rump rump, to an ear splitting rap rap rap after the mods.

Thanks for the heads up, but I won’t be modding the motors at all since my performance needs are minimal. As long as it doesn’t take all day to reach 25 or so and is reliable then I will be happy.

Thanks also for you guys’ recommendations for mufflers. I may very well go the old route of welding two of them in-line.

I had the rlv muffler and it's way too loud for riding around the neighborhood. I swapped to the briggs (hotdog) muffler and it's much quieter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk