Random Stalling

I have a newly built clone db and the thing keeps stalling.:censure: I dont want to have to disassemble the carb. I dont kow what it is. The weird thing is if i take of the gas cap for a little then it will run longer but it eventualy stalls. it does the same thing if i take off the air box cover too. any ideas?:thumbsup:

the first thing i'd do is take apart the carb and clean out the jets. it doesn't take much to clog one. are you running a fuel filter?

i can't think of any reason that removing the gas cap or the air filter cover should make a difference. actually, if the cap isn't venting it could cause a problem. since it still stalls i'd guess the carb needs to be cleaned. cleaning the carb is easy and is a good place to start. a clogged jet can cause all sorts of running issues.

if you want to fix the problem, you're going to have to take stuff apart.

Last edited:
After your engine stalls Does it suck air into the tank when you remove your gas cap. Maybe your vent is pluged on your cap.
that still wouldn't explain why it's stalling after he takes the cap off. it could be part of the problem, but i think there's got to be something else going on.

to the OP,

is this motor brand new or did you just do a bunch of mods to it (you mentioned newly built)?

Sorry for the typing error. I meant to say i put the cap back on after i take it off. I might drill a venting hole myself though. but first i will porbably clean the carb. I dont really want to buy a new cap.