Rattling then won’t run

Mr. Pink

We are suspecting that the magnet, that should be securely affixed to the flywheel, came loose.
While it was loosening, it was causing the rattle.
Once the magnet is loose there will no longer be any spark.
So your next step is to remove the starter shroud (4 bolts, 8mm socket) and have a look.

Mr. Pink

So this came off and is apart of the crankcase and the fans look broken. Should I just predator swap at this point
To repair this engine, you will need a flywheel, fan, and an ignition coil.
The cost of those parts will be about $100.00.

Stop the presses!
Upon closer inspection, the coil's mounting boss also broke.
Time for a new engine.

SAS289

You were turning too much RPM which caused the magnet to leave the flywheel and break the coil off the block. This is why we buy billet and cast aluminum flywheels to prevent this from happening.

I would Ducar 212, Wildcat 223, Tillotson 212, or Pred 224 swap. One of those 4. The Ducar 212 comes with a PVL flywheel.

To repair this engine, you will need a flywheel, fan, and an ignition coil.
The cost of those parts will be about $100.00.

Stop the presses!
Upon closer inspection, the coil's mounting boss also broke.
Time for a new engine.
How could this have happened so I dont do it again. It still has the governor in it.

What about a predator 212 cause I have a harbor freight down the road from me. Or should I go with the 224. Does it have a stronger flywheel

SAS289

What about a predator 212 cause I have a harbor freight down the road from me. Or should I go with the 224. Does it have a stronger flywheel
The pred 212 would work for you. The 224 uses the same stock flywheel as other engines of this sort.

I was just naming what I think are better engines than the Pred 212.

SAS289

Bought the pred 212. I’ll show the finished project. Wish me luck
You'll do fine. You will no longer be able to run the headlight. You should be able to wire your handlebar kill switch right into the switch on the 212.

Everything else is straightforward. I think the RB's came with a Lifan 196 with a 3/4" PTO so you should be good to go.

The jackshaft was honestly a pain in the ass. I might straight chain it. And I don’t have a drill at the moment so the clutch wasn’t as tight as it could be. It made a loud ticking noice when I rolled it every like 10 seconds

You don't need a drill to tighten the clutch bolt, or the set screw.

A decent non adjustable wrench of the correct size for the bolt, and an Allen key for the set screw.

The loud ticking noise as you describe it sounds like chain alignment issues to me.

Make sure everything is lined up.

Straight chain would lose low end power. The jackshaft really helps out with that.

I don’t think I put enough oil in cause I had to put it in through the dip stick cause the jackshaft was in the way of the other. I’ll get it off and put more in