Read before posting anything in this forum.

Hent

Below are the rules everyone kind of agreed on, and then my rules added above since they're shorter. This forum is for the build off only.

My rules
1. If you don't like it, don't build anything.

"The Rules"
1.Start date Jan 1st 2012!
Deadline for entry post February 1st 2012! If we do not have an entry post picture by end of day on February 1st you will not be allowed to enter.
Finish date April 30th 2012!
2. No bike allowed unless it's less than half finished! You can start gathering parts and materials now, but assembly and fabrication not allowed until January 1st, 2012.
3. Must be a shot of the bike/parts pile up front with a sign with OldMiniBikes 2012 BBO (Entry Post)!
4. Must be a photo of you riding the bike or a video of the bike running at the end!
5. Must have at least one update by the builder every month! Even if your bike is complete you must post something. This post is due by the 15th of each month!!
6. Finished bike must be a runner.
7. Winner by popular vote - One vote per user
8. Non Starters & Drop Outs will be deleted to avoid clutter. This means if you do not post once per month minimum or make an entry post by 2/15/11 your entry will be deleted. To be clear on this, you must have 1 post in your thread at least once every 30 days. If you go longer than 30 days you will be removed. Constructive feedback is welcome in the threads. However, we will not tolerate bashing or negative comments towards others work. If you do not like something someone is doing then just keep it to yourself. This is not an oppurtunity to begin a flame war.

There will be two classes:

Vintage Class
Engine must be single cylinder, flat head design, or vintage 2 stroke
Centrifical or generic torque converter(such as slip-belt system), or 2 speed jackshaft.

Open Class
Anything goes as long as its in the spirit of a mini bike. Clone engines, pitbike engines, modern frames, home built frames, whatever you can dream up, build it!

kbs8ball

Im curious how this whole deal is going to turn out. I wont be entering, but I will put a seat on the prize table.
1 regular sized seat for the bike with the most votes...I know theres 2 classes but only 1 seat.
it can be a custom or a reproduction.

Would anyone have any issue with me creating a new user account for my 11 year old son to use to enter the build off? I would make sure he was easily identifiable as my responsibility and I would be monitoring his activity on the forum. He wouldn't be on here posting nonsense, I promise. Just thought it wise to ask first.

Hent

Would anyone have any issue with me creating a new user account for my 11 year old son to use to enter the build off? I would make sure he was easily identifiable as my responsibility and I would be monitoring his activity on the forum. He wouldn't be on here posting nonsense, I promise. Just thought it wise to ask first.
go ahead. :thumbsup:

Square Chopper I gotta comend you on getting your son involved in mini biking, it will do him lots of good. :thumbsup:

Also, when can we start posting our pile of parts pic? Can we post it now? :shrug: I wouldn't start working on the project any more, but just so I am ready to go,

I believe the whole idea of the subforum was to have a specific place for everyone to put their individual project threads for the build off. One thread for everyone would get too busy to look at pretty quickly.

The way I understand it from the first thread on this.

Each person will start a new thread (in the OldMiniBikes 2012 build off section) first post in that new thread should just be a picture of your pile of parts with a sign (big enough to read in the picture) with [OldMiniBikes 2012 build off XX-XX-XXXX] in the picture.

I posted an example.I'll add my picture after the first.

Last edited: