Read before posting anything in this forum.

There's too many "will this qualify" type of questions.

As of now, there's no real prizes and the votes will determine what people really like. I doubt a mini cycle or a mini with a snow mobile engine will win, but who cares, just build whatever you want. If it doesn't fit into a class in the end, oh well. If it does, good luck on winning. :thumbsup:

FWIW.....

My kid was all worried about winning at first when I told him about the build off. I told him point blank before we ever started that there wasn't a real big chance that anybody would win with a DB30 build with the OldMiniBikes crowd no matter what they did to it.

That wasn't the point, the point was to take what he already had and do something cool with it and do it together and share it here where we share the rest of what we do anyway. When we're done, he'll have a really neat little custom bike that he was involved in building and we'll have some great memories.

IMHO.... Just do it because it's fun or don't bother.

well alright then!!!!! im gonna do my build!!! i dont really care about winning i just enjoy building and hearing peoples opionons about my bikes. good luck to and happy building to all!!!!!!!

danc9

Every one wins!

Watching guys from all over the world build any thing and every thing is a wonderful experience. I've learned from what little we have done this far, and we have a long way to go! Sharing in the love of mini bikes is what it is all about, and you "other guys" too!!!

DAN

george3

There's too many "will this qualify" type of questions.

As of now, there's no real prizes and the votes will determine what people really like. I doubt a mini cycle or a mini with a snow mobile engine will win, but who cares, just build whatever you want. If it doesn't fit into a class in the end, oh well. If it does, good luck on winning. :thumbsup:
The fun is doing it sometimes, lol. The deadline is 2/1/12 well I am done. oops thats the deadline for the start, :laugh::laugh::laugh:. can I post pics? well heres 1 of 6. enjoy your build everybody.

Looks like roughly 20 dropouts by my count , but I think that a lot of people jumped on the band wagon with good intentions , and I hope they continue their build threads in the project logs section.
Rob

FWIW.....

My kid was all worried about winning at first when I told him about the build off. I told him point blank before we ever started that there wasn't a real big chance that anybody would win with a DB30 build with the OldMiniBikes crowd no matter what they did to it.

That wasn't the point, the point was to take what he already had and do something cool with it and do it together and share it here where we share the rest of what we do anyway. When we're done, he'll have a really neat little custom bike that he was involved in building and we'll have some great memories.

IMHO.... Just do it because it's fun or don't bother.
thats what i like to hear .... if its not fun i'm not doin it :thumbsup:everyone that is building a bike will have that bike as a trophy in the end .in your case it will be a father son project that may become pricless with sentamental value .good luck on the build

Does anyone have an electric minibike project? I saw an article in "Homepower magazine" for a Honda 750 frame converted into an electric bike with a DC brushless motor and a lead acid battery. Might be a great project for a mini. No noise and a lot of torque!

May I ask if we get one vote per class?
And are we aiming for a first second third finish?

Just have a feeling everyone is gonna give their vote to Moe including me then no one in Vintage will get a vote for me.

Can we do one vote per class Hent? there some awesome bikes there.

Last edited:
FWIW... The guy that started this whole idea and said he'd coordinate all of that.... His last activity was 2/19, right after he had his kid. From memory, I don't think Hent ever agreed to do any more than create the sub-forum....