Really unexpected score!

markus

So I bought this Random Benelli Parts Lot of ebay the other day, just a table filled with mostly NOS parts from Pretty random models. Didn't really "need" any of if but I am currently cataloging and getting ready to sell the remaining 'nelli parts on I have on ebay already since I sold all complete bikes off recently, so hey whats a few more parts to list :shrug:

Anyway I did my best to look over the pics good and get an idea of what was there that I could see and if I could at least clear the investment and I felt I could. There was stuff in bags I really could not see but that was just the bonus stuff-you cross your fingers and hope there is something interesting.

Lots of owners manuals and parts and repair manuals (couple of neat reminder tags that would have been found on the bike when you brought it home from JC Penney too :thumbsup:) :

Pile-O-stuff, Lot of smalls, whole lot of engine repair pullers and tools, some CEV electrical, Domino controls, sprockets, gaskets etc..

Heres the "interesting"... you may have already spotted in the top left corner. A stash of I think NOS FOX parts!!!!!! Including a set of BOOTS :freakout:, NOS kickstand, NOS Doherty 7/8 throttle AND Dummy grip, what I believe were the optional "buddy pegs" fox offered, and an Optional exhaust guard!

I Never even saw that stuff in the pile!! they were all in dark faded stapled bags with faded part numbers written in marker. The Crazy thing Is I have been looking for a set of at least Good correct Fox boots for my 1967 campus since I bought it over a year ago! I also really wanted an NOS dummy grip since I already did have the throttle but not an nos dummy to go along with. I have to do some research and see if can verify the buddy pegs and exhaust guard, but they were all in the same type bags and writing. The guard did have a Dixie international bag with the hardware included inside the bag but I am pretty sure I have a catalog page showing some of those optional guards so hopefully the numbers will show.

So anyway today was a really good day! Customer gave me a big tip when I repaired her car cause I saved her alot of $$, got the Ultimate bonus parts in my box lot above and then when UPS stopped by a little later to drop off a few tires I just bought that were listed as used in the listing actually turned out to be NOS......probably just means the rest of the weekend will be a disaster because I usually DON'T have very good luck like that! :laugh:

Last edited:

buckeye

I spotted those fork boots almost immediately.
Didn't know for sure that they were the right ones but, you verified it.
Nice bunch of cool stuff.

markus

I dug around last night and found some info I had from a 1969 Fox catalog and was in fact able to verify the part numbers do match the catalog so they did come from Fox at one time or another :thumbsup: The page shows the buddy pegs and the exhaust guard on there, throttle and grips too but their was nothing left of the part numbers on the bag they were in...but my originals on my bike are the same ones.

everything else in the pile is Benelli wards/riverside stuff. I emailed the seller, told him my findings and if there happened to be more stuff like that I would be interested! Ok gotta get off the Fox High and start sorting and cataloging 'nelli junk!

markus

I really like the little pile of special tools.
Yea they are cool, they turned out to be all for the 50-65cc Benelli engines after doing some research :thumbsup:, The Majority of the parts seem to be for the same as well. I would say it was from a repair shop or small seller of the Benelli mini's as there are some of the woods/trail bike take off parts-Alot of those came in with no lights just a kill button and a number plate, so they would convert them over with the optional lighting kits here, maybe it was cheaper or cosmo offered them that way to independents, JC penney really didnt seem to show them sold like that in the catalogs. Got a bunch of really cool CEV single button switches that were all take offs and some coil harnesses for non lighted bikes etc..

Heres the tools after a bath and sort out (they are updated versions from the list I found, numbers are the same though....almost have the entire set there):