Really want to I.D. this Kart

Don't know who makes it, but it's most distinguishing feature is the bike style handlebars, and the jackshaft.

I'm thinking of changing it to a steering wheel to be more comfortable for adults, but don't want to change it until I know what it is.

Don't know who makes it, but it's most distinguishing feature is the bike style handlebars, and the jackshaft.

I'm thinking of changing it to a steering wheel to be more comfortable for adults, but don't want to change it until I know what it is.
I would make a whole new steering column for the wheel. You might like a different length steering arm with a wheel as opposed to the bars.

Keep this one and paint it with the rest of the kart just in case.

Yeah, as it is an adult would be lucky to steer it. I want to get it together for my nephew to ride, but he doesn't get to come around much so I have to be able to keep it running :)

It looks similar to a Carter Bros Mfg design, but all the Carters I've seen had square tubing used for the front and rear axle struts, unlike yours, which uses round tubing.

Don't know that particular design...but it looks like fun to drive...

It's definitely a fun kart, not race. I've never seen one like this, but the jackshaft/motor mount looks a lot like Alsport or the like. Could have been built by a trike mfg. Very cool looking frame design. I like the roll cage rear end. Looks like a blast for your nephew.