Rear shocks, what kind are they?

I have a couple rear shocks that came on a Wards 525 I bought.
They seem to be oil filled and work Great !
They don't have any name or numbers on them. They have a chrome body. Rough measurement is 12" eye to eye.
Here are pics of them. I can take much better pics in a day or two if needed.
Thanks
Danford1

Last edited:
Reasons for the new thread:
The other thread was over a month ago. There are new readers all the time. People read newer threads. Not everyone is going to search through old threads that are buried. Lets say a knowledgeable person that knows the answer was out of town and wasn't reading the forum a month ago. Now they are back and reading new threads. They could see the thread, know the answer and respond. Boom, done, answer found.

Or another reason for the new thread: I'm old and forgot I started a thread about them a month ago...

I have more info on the shocks. I compared them to some Sebac shocks on another minibike. Sebac shock body tube measures about 1 1/4" in diameter, mystery shocks measure under and inch, 0.95" diameter. Sebac have coil springs about 5" long compressed. Mystery shocks have 8" long compressed springs. Sebac's have stiffer springs than the mystery shocks. Mystery shocks will ride smoother and softer when installed in place of the Sebacs. Note, Sebac are in excellent shape internally. The friction bushings are still tight, no rust on shaft etc.

I haven't seen any motorcycles with skinny shocks like this before. I'm trying to find out kind they are.
Here is a pic of the Sebac shock I was referring to and the mystery shock.
Thanks
Danford1

Last edited:
Reasons for the new thread:
The other thread was over a month ago. There are new readers all the time. People read newer threads. Not everyone is going to search through old threads that are buried. Lets say a knowledgeable person that knows the answer was out of town and wasn't reading the forum a month ago. Now they are back and reading new threads. They could see the thread, know the answer and respond. Boom, done, answer found.

Or another reason for the new thread: I'm old and forgot I started a thread about them a month ago...
Bump your old thread instead of creating new threads.

Try these>>>
:laugh:

Thank you. Believe it or not I've been looking for something like that. It could be snake oil or it could actually help.
I'm forgetting more and more as I get older. Not fun.
Thanks again. I'll check into that product.

Danford1