Rear Tire Size - Alsport

So I need to come up with some wheels that fit my TS-130 project, it has a front but no rims, no wheels for the rear. I found two John Deere 12 inch with the following description:

john deere sytle rim
carlisle multi trac c/s
size ; 26 x 12.00 -12
like new tread

3 inch center hole
4 1/4 inch bolt pattern (not measured correctly I think....I asked him to confirm)
5 lug wheel

rim has 12 x 10.5 stamped into it.

Would these work? Any reason they wouldn't if the Bolt pattern is correct? Would the 12" size make me need to change the 32 tooth gear on the jack shaft?

Thanks

212 predator Motor
knock off 30 torque converter

thx..

wjustice

It isnt the 12" rim, its the 26" dia tires. Stock used 8" rims with 18.5 or 21" tires. The larger tires will require lower gearing. Mostly Ive seen 21x11-8 tires on alsports.

Also when you go to larger wheels you change your gearing and add to the brake requirements. I ended up changing the brake rotors and hubs to larger diameter and went to dual piston calipers all this after fighting with the Borg Warner original brakes

wow...okay guys ...well this being my first build, I already find myself at the end of my budget so I guess I'll stick to the stock configuration to simply get it back on the road.

Where is the least expensive source of rims that will work and maintain close to stock specs? Nothing at Tractor supply or Harbor Freight that I can find. Other "budget friendly" ideas?

wjustice

I got Carlisle badlands from a local tire dealer. Not cheap for any budget. Originals were goodyear compass knobbies. They are hard to find. I found rims at eastern marine, again not the cheapest but the widest I could find locally. They are 7" wide, originally they use 8". Look for somewhere that handles snowmobile trailers, as they often used the 8" rims. You can change the rim size, just watch how much bigger the tire diameter is. Much bigger and lower gearing will be needed.

These should fit but double check, just a bit smaller. They use this size on the RTS-SL models. 20x10-8 should be good also.
LOADSTAR 18.5 x 8.5 x 8 Tire & Painted Rim, Load Range B

you need 4.5 x5 bolt pattern you can use car rims with that bolt pattern just watch your over all diameter with the tire and rim