Recap and Pics from final LOMBRA race of the season!

So I'm a little bit late in posting this up, but I am a world class procrastination champion :laugh: Our last race of the season is supposed to end up some time in October or November (or before the snow hits). But due to scheduling conflicts, and me only being home for 28 days at a time, or last race didn't happen until we had already got a foot or 2 of snow.

This was the final points race for the Lambton Old school Mini Bike Racing Association season, and I'm happy to report that I 'm the champ! I'll have to get Chain Linkin to post up the results, but I think I was only 5 points ahead of the next guy (somewhere around 35 points total?). It was good season. Our first on this new track, but this last race day was a PITA (literally, I bruised my tail bone). We had the standard 3 races on Sunday, but the track was all snow and there was a big patch of black ice just after the hairpin. I fell 3-4 times :thumbsup:

There were numerous failures...

sidenote: we have a race each year (usually around new years day) that is a winter fun race, after the season is over, and that is when we romp in the snow and all the bikes get thrashed before getting new parts in the spring.

This last race day ended up being like that new years race. We had chains get knocked off, or thrown right off the bike, some bikes' (including mine) brakes froze and I ended up with no brakes after the first two laps of each race. We riders got pretty beat up too, but it was a good day that was followed up with a good party and drinks to numb the pain!

#72 me! #3 Chain Linkin #100 Dirty Dime Racing #69 Lt Dan #2 Coldshot

Coldshot on the back stretch...

Sort of on the back stretch

Coming up to the finish line/tanks

Off the line!

Me losing it...

Lost it.

Me and Coldshot passing ChainLinkin (fixing his chain of all things)

Troubles in the hairpin

The black ice I mentioned...

One of the few times I stayed upright!

Keeping it together on the back stretch

Dirty Dime Racing haulin ass past the finish!

Meanwhile, in the hairpin...

Champ!

Last edited:
Bah :hammer:...finally home and settled... For everyone on facebook, here's a link to pictures and updates from the first time we ever raced at our old track - https://www.facebook.com/groups/247080308730006/
If your interested in joining that group just mention that you're from OldMiniBikes. We plan on opening up to others here just need to get some things sorted first. Don't worry if you're not on fb; we'll be keeping everyone here informed, you'll just be missing a ton of photos like the ones above.

Man if I lived up yonder I'd be in on that!!! Looks like to much fun... Maybe you can inspire some Ohio riders.
It's a blast! We're slowly making steps to make a more legit race series. We're hoping to get some more people to come out this next summer :thumbsup: