Recommendation for an engine that will fit in a 1969 Rupp Roadster frame

Hello all, I am asking for recommendations of a 5hp - 7hp non-Tecumseh engine, that you know will definitely fit into a 1969 Rupp Roadster frame, align with the jackshaft, and will work using the Rupp remote gas tank.
All the good period correct Tecumseh engines I see are way to expensive for my budget.

Thank you very much in advance.

DaddyJohn

All the good period correct Tecumseh engines I see are way to expensive for my budget.
Since you're in a state that encounters snow, try searching for old snowblowers.
These were typically Tecumseh-powered and the engines can be easily adapted.
I tend to be able to get suitable blowers around here for $20-$50.

Hello all, I am asking for recommendations of a 5hp - 7hp non-Tecumseh engine, that you know will definitely fit into a 1969 Rupp Roadster frame, align with the jackshaft, and will work using the Rupp remote gas tank.

Thank you very much in advance.
I have had the exact same problem trying to find a Tecumseh HS40 4HP Engine for my 1971-1972 Steens Taco - Super Trail 100 Mini Bike. But the prices of those engines are way out of my price range. I have had no luck finding any 1970 to 1972 Tecumseh or Briggs & Stratton Flat-Head 3HP to 5HP engines in good shape in my $150.00 price range. Craigslist & Facebook Marketplace is pretty useless & everything even in other states is far to expensive for my wallet. I had to end up purchasing a Predator - 79cc 3HP Engine just so I can ride my Super Trail 100 Mini Bike. Here where I live in New York state my local Harbor Freight does not have the 212cc engine available anymore & told me they do not know if they will be carrying them anymore & I had no choice but to get the 79cc 3HP engine they still sell.

joshua. c.

briggs flathead five would fit, I've seen it done and it looks grate in there. also they can just scream when built right. you would have to fab up an intake and choose an aftermarket carb to get it running, the stock tank/carb assembly can fit but looks ridiculous. also an over head valve briggs 6hp could be made to fit. I haven't seen that one done but it should be possible. and Ive seen a tecumseh ohh60 put in these frames. if you put the old style pull starter on it and the old style rupp type air filter on it it almost looks period correct and it would look even better with the rupp decals. also all of the above options have hop up parts available.

cfh

snowblower engines are great. just do the conversion to mini bike format. i get snowblower Tecumseh's for about $50 on average. Broken snowblowers are everywhere. I tend to get HS50 engines over HS40, but that's me. Anything pre-1989 will be pretty good to use, but later ones work fine. Snowblower engines tend to have limited wear. Summer is the best time of the year to buy them too. There's some on ebay right now for under $100. then do the conversion see here http://pinrepair.com/minibikes/tecumsehmb.htm