Rejetting stock carb for use with aftermarket air filter

Just purchased a Predator 212cc Hemi for use in my mini bike but had to remove air filter for frame clearance. Will replace stock air filter with aftermarket filter and adapter but not sure what needs to be done as far as rejetting. Engine is completely stock. Any experiences? Any help? Thank you for your time.

Changing an air filter does not require re-jetting.
However, re-jetting may require a filter upgrade.
Not true, same thing happened to me. A 36 jet is recommended by other forum members to me for just air filter change. OldMiniBikes sells the 36, 37 jet emulsion tube combo in case you want to try the 37 too.

Just purchased a Predator 212cc Hemi for use in my mini bike but had to remove air filter for frame clearance. Will replace stock air filter with aftermarket filter and adapter but not sure what needs to be done as far as rejetting. Engine is completely stock. Any experiences? Any help? Thank you for your time.
This will get you the parts needed.
Jet kit for Honda Clone engines

Good video...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaMqiHvWGec
How to:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sufI8CzaWSs

Last edited:
you are absolutely right minibikin...just purchased a upgrade proformance kit and only put on the air filter and exhaust....it runs awful...so is the 36 jet the best one too use and do i also need to put on the valve spring and 8 degree timing key?

Last edited:
Minibikin, I watched your video on how carb. works and you might want to look at the hole in back of carb again .If you look that hole vents to outside air and is a vent hole for the fuel bowl. But nice video though. It's the front hole on the right that supplies air for the e-tube.

Minibikin, I watched your video on how carb. works and you might want to look at the hole in back of carb again .If you look that hole vents to outside air and is a vent hole for the fuel bowl. But nice video though. It's the front hole on the right that supplies air for the e-tube.
Not my video, I just linked it.

I run mine with aftermarket parts and it has the stock Jets