Remote tank carb

I am wanting to use a 3hp briggs that will be using a remote gas tank.
I see carbs but they look modern and I would like a vintage looking carb. Do they make a new vintage looking carb and what intake would I need. I have this intake from about 20 years ago and I am not sure what carb it was for but I do know it was for a briggs .

Attachments

DaddyJohn

You might try a Tecumseh H35 carb, but would probably have to ditch the governor, unless you could figure how to link it all up.

Harquebus

Do you have a part number or a resource to get that carb
The basic engine series for the 3 HP in post #3 is 80300.

The part number 90 in the lower right corner cross references, from the 80300 exploded parts list, with a series of part numbers, just for the complete carburetor itself:

Most say "Obsolete - Not Available" but you may get lucky with an exhaustive search...

Carburetor Assembly Part Number:
Some dealers appear to have them in stock but they demand a premium price, $100-$250.

You need everything illustrated in post #3 and maybe more. 90, 91, 50, 51, 52, 53 and the air cleaner etc.

These carbs don't appear to be designed for vehicle use, as the stock throttle assembly is a vertical twist-turn rod seen in the photo in post #4 (it is right next to the intake manifold). You need to rig up a cable and throttle return spring somehow.

Harquebus

Shop around for a universal small engine filter like this:

89EE67E6-224D-428D-B488-AB3FA0C6F4F9.jpeg

The OD of the black rubber/plastic part on my Pulsa-Jet carburetor (like yours) measures about 32mm so the air filter you buy needs to fit over it. You can use the hose clamp on this filter to secure it, or drill a hole in the top and use the Briggs long screw and some washers if the screw is too long. I like adding a foam pre-filter around this kind of filter to ensure maximum filtration. Some of them come with the foam.

Or you can fab up nearly anything, like a small cup and put your own filter foam inside.

Next time, don't be reluctant to start a new thread because the discussion here does not really address your question. A new thread helps get your question noticed.

Triley41395

Thank you for all that great info.
Do you think there maybe a more economical option to do away with air filter set up ? It’s hitting frame hard.
If I were you I'd ditch the briggs on this project and Save it for something else. Find a tecumseh H35 or maybe an HS40, then you can relocate the tank where you want it.

Harquebus

I've got a smaller clamshell air cleaner assembly that came on a 4 HP I got. I don't think it's original to the engine and I don't know what the part number is but it is very similar to Briggs 5099K. This might fit your engine in the space that's available:

But I love the way that Briggs looks in there.
Briggs was very innovative when they devised the engines with tank-mounted carburetors and it resulted in an engine package with a very small footprint--compact and space saving.