removing a stuck swingarm spindle

Have a rupp continental rear swingarm with the spindle frozen inside the swingarm tube. Have been soaking and heating with a propane torch but so far no go. Tried the following which did not work.
1) 20 ton press which almost stalls and I am afraid I may bend the while thing.
2)Screw in a grade 8 3/8ths fine thread bolt and put swingarm in a vise and tried impact wrench to try to turn it slowly increasing torque till head twisted off, Was able to get what was left to screw out ok.
3) thread in another bolt and bang with big brass mallet nothing.

Was thinking of using oxy acetylene with big tip and heat whole thing red but would not be able to try to remove it till it cooled so I don't know if it would help or not. I would probably heat till red then after cool down soak again for a day. But was wondering if anyone had a better way or have done this before?

I have one but need to get a punch end or maybe thread in another bolt and use the pointed end. Will give it a shot tomorrow, thanks for the idea.

Don't know if it will work for ya, but a buddy at the local machine shop told me to heat it all till cherry red and then cool quicky with cold water...I just use a spray bottle. then :hammer: Works for me most of the time.

Don't know if it will work for ya, but a buddy at the local machine shop told me to heat it all till cherry red and then cool quicky with cold water...I just use a spray bottle. then :hammer: Works for me most of the time.
I tried this and it worked pretty good. I did that about 3 times and also soaked in PB blaster. Took me a while but I finally got it out:thumbsup: Also used a BMF hammer:laugh:

Got it out, first soaked with PB blaster then got a grade 8 3/8-24 bolt turned the head in the lathe to a diam smaller than the spindle and milled a center point for the air hammer bit to fit in. Tried the air hammer and it did not budge. Then filled a 5 gal pail with the hose put it under my paint stand and hooked two hangers on the paint stand to hold the swingarm. Heated it up, could not get the whole thing cherry red but got it all red as I moved the torch around and kept at it for around 10 minutes then dunked it in the water. I boiled the water for about 10 seconds after about 30 seconds pulled it out and it was still hot. Let it cool and started the pb blaster again. after about a hour tried the air gun and now it started to move until the air gun body hit the swingarm. Cleaned the spindle off when it stuck out and greased it and now pushed it back out the other way using the air hammer. Now i used the shop press to get it out the rest of the way. I guess the heat turns all the rust black and breaks the bond between the two parts but all the gunk still makes it hard to get out. Thanks for the ideas!!

The heat doesn't break the bond. The expanding and contracting does. A tube will expand more than a solid shaft. A tube will also expand faster.