Removing tires

Putting new Cokers on my Bonanza with split rims was way harder than it should have been. LOL.

Fasteners weren't too bad, but the bead was stuck to to the rim. What tools to use? I tried using a pry bar, tire iron, blocks, levers. Got one of them Finally. Letting the other soak in soap suds...a bit.

What's the easy way?

I just removed an original Tire from a go power wheel today. I put it on the vise and one half popped out. I pryed it Easily with a screwdriver and a rounded edge tool I made. The other half was not cooperating. I soaked it first with Dish Soap and then used PB Blaster. After a couple hours in the Sun (I’m in California LOL) It came loose.

Putting new Cokers on my Bonanza with split rims was way harder than it should have been. LOL.

Fasteners weren't too bad, but the bead was stuck to to the rim. What tools to use? I tried using a pry bar, tire iron, blocks, levers. Got one of them Finally. Letting the other soak in soap suds...a bit.

What's the easy way?
I haven’t used the search function here for a while, but there are several old threads using 3/4” plywood cutouts and a press or other means of force. I would lubricate the old bead area with Gibbs penetrant. You’ll get it.

I haven’t used the search function here for a while, but there are several old threads using 3/4” plywood cutouts and a press or other means of force. I would lubricate the old bead area with Gibbs penetrant. You’ll get it.
I keep hearing Gibbs from you guys. Got to get some now. Thanks.

We like Gibbs for all kinds of applications on the farm. I used it on a stuck brake cable on a Honda Z50 and it loosened up in half an hour. I have used it on minibike tires as well, but they were not stuck to the bead too hard. The next little tire I do, I am going to try some "Skid". It is a product that I use when dismounting tires from our semi truck. It works really well on the big beads.

I sawed the tire in half all the way around and across in 1 spot. Still had to cut the last of the wire with cutters. I then pealed the tire off. I had to wire brush the inside of the rims then sand them after that, then rustolum