replacement windows

one of my replacement windows crack when i got home today.WTH! 3 yrs old andersons.. picture window then 2 small side windows that open. noticed it today when i got home from work. looks like the cold got to it. cracked from inside... low E class..

Never seen that, and I've installed allot of windows. There was probably a flaw in the glass. I would contact the installer, or Anderson direct. They should be able to get you a replacement sash.
If not, a local glass company can. An average size double glazed should be around $80 to $100 if you have to get one from a local company.
Good luck

trinik7597

not surprised Anderson is not what they used to be you pay more for the name than quality you can get a much better double glazed low e argon gas filled window for a little more than half the price but at least your under mfg warranty:thumbsup:

not surprised Anderson is not what they used to be you pay more for the name than quality you can get a much better double glazed low e argon gas filled window for a little more than half the price but at least your under mfg warranty:thumbsup:
Totally agree, Pella went to hell too:hammer:

I install replacement windows. And I can say first hand they are pretty much all junk. The only way to get a good window now is going with the most reputable business with the longest warranty.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

The company i work for most has a 35 year warranty. And it's probably the best vinyl window out of the bunch so not so much need for it. When it comes to getting Anderson's and stuff for the money you pay they should have a lifetime warranty. Ill have to say most of the issues people have with any replacement window is mostly from a bad installer do it. Just make sure and go with the company that supplies the installers materials that way you know they dont have to cut corners to make a buck.

The company i work for most has a 35 year warranty. And it's probably the best vinyl window out of the bunch so not so much need for it. When it comes to getting Anderson's and stuff for the money you pay they should have a lifetime warranty. Ill have to say most of the issues people have with any replacement window is mostly from a bad installer do it. Just make sure and go with the company that supplies the installers materials that way you know they dont have to cut corners to make a buck.

even though I do not disagree with having a reputable company supply and install your windows you still do not know if you are getting the best installer as most of these guys are subcontractors anyhow . and I have seen even the most well installed products fail due to poor mfg and the rep try to blame the installer to skate the warranty . so I would say that is a pretty general statement . people who do good work and take pride and stand behind what they do take offence to general statements:thumbsup: