Reproduction Feedback Wanted

1stBxMopar

I managed to find another original Cheeftah clutch cover. Of the few different Cheeftah covers that were manufactured, this one is the hardest to find and the most sought after. I'm thinking about reproducing these and have contacted a foundry and hopefully in the next couple weeks will have an idea of turn around times and costs depending on quantities produced. My idea is to reproduce the cover WITHOUT the Lomart "L" on the face. This would be done for 2 reasons, first, as to not detract from the value or the rarity of an original... second, so that it can be used on any other manufacturer's bike if someone so desired...
I'm looking for feedback to see if there is enough interest in these covers to justify the effort...
If you think you would want one, then mention it here....No one would be commited...

Attachments

Last edited:
I managed to find another original Cheeftah clutch cover. Of the few different Cheeftah covers that were manufactured, this one is the hardest to find and the most sought after. I'm thinking about reproducing these and have contacted a foundry and hopefully in the next couple weeks will have an idea of turn around times and costs depending on quantities produced. My idea is to reproduce the cover WITHOUT the Lomart "L" on the face. This would be done for 2 reasons, first, as to not detract from the value or the rarity of an original... second, so that it can be used on any other manufacturer's bike if someone so desired...
I'm looking for feedback to see if there is enough interest in these covers to justify the effort...
If you think you would want one, then mention it here....No one would be commited...
Curious if you ever found out price, and if you have produced any for sale

Any luck with a reproduction?

1stBxMopar

I'm not sure he ever got this done. I recently did a couple seats for him so he is still around. @1stBxMopar
I never did pull the trigger on this reproduction. I did all the leg work with the foundry, went over costs and quantity to be produced. These numbers were substantial, so before committing, I started this thread to see the amount of interest, as you can see, at that time almost no one responded...
So I scrapped the whole project...

Addicted 2 Minis

The foundry had to figure what it would cost to send a representative round trip to the guy in the picture below. Then add in what it would cost for said representative to stay in the best hotel in the area while the guy in the picture below made the requested quantity then divide that cost by number of covers requested and times that by three!, Hahahahaha. Seriously though, have you seen this dude on YouTube?, sure has some amazing skills.

1586105437117.png