Reproduction Saxonette Recoils! Arctic Cat, Fox, Colman, and more...

Rupp 72

Yes it's true, I'm making a small batch of top quality reproduction Sachs 50cc (saxonette) recoil covers. They will be complete, the entire assembly, fully machined, ready to bolt on and use. The recoil assembly will be comprised of the 14 total different parts just as the originals were, sparing no detail (housing, pulley, shoe assembly, spring, just to name a few). Everything down to the proper hardened washers. These recoil covers are cast out of ultra high strength and high temp aluminum alloy and are about an 1/8 of an inch thicker in cross-section. They are also heat treated to even further improve the strength of the recoil. All this to ensure that these reproductions don't suffer the same fate as the weak and brittle originals. Meanwhile, the geometry is just as the originals were and will look great on any bike wether it's a daily rider or a showroom restoration. Here is just a sneak peak or teaser picture. More information to follow in the coming weeks. Feel free to private message me if you have any interest and want more details. 20200911_210139.jpg

Last edited:
Yes it's true, I'm making a small batch of top quality reproduction Sachs 50cc (saxonette) recoil covers. They will be complete, the entire assembly, fully machined, ready to bolt on and use. The recoil assembly will be comprised of the 14 total different parts just as the originals were, sparing no detail (housing, pulley, shoe assembly, spring, just to name a few). Everything down to the proper hardened washers. These recoil covers are cast out of ultra high strength and high temp aluminum alloy and are about an 1/8 of an inch thicker in cross-section. They are also heat treated to even further improve the strength of the recoil. All this to ensure that these reproductions don't suffer the same fate as the weak and brittle originals. Meanwhile, the geometry is just as the originals were and will look great on any bike wether it's a daily rider or a showroom restoration. Here is just a sneak peak or teaser picture. More information to follow in the coming weeks. Feel free to private message me if you have any interest and want more details. View attachment 268739
I’m in need of a Saxonette recoil !

Yes it's true, I'm making a small batch of top quality reproduction Sachs 50cc (saxonette) recoil covers. They will be complete, the entire assembly, fully machined, ready to bolt on and use. The recoil assembly will be comprised of the 14 total different parts just as the originals were, sparing no detail (housing, pulley, shoe assembly, spring, just to name a few). Everything down to the proper hardened washers. These recoil covers are cast out of ultra high strength and high temp aluminum alloy and are about an 1/8 of an inch thicker in cross-section. They are also heat treated to even further improve the strength of the recoil. All this to ensure that these reproductions don't suffer the same fate as the weak and brittle originals. Meanwhile, the geometry is just as the originals were and will look great on any bike wether it's a daily rider or a showroom restoration. Here is just a sneak peak or teaser picture. More information to follow in the coming weeks. Feel free to private message me if you have any interest and want more details. View attachment 268739
If you still got one of these packages o would buy now I have all of the pull starter assembly accept the pawls and spring would you be interested in my used one

I am very interested in buying one or two when they are completed.
I am a Toolmaker by trade and am impressed by your attention to detail and quality of work !!! ⚙️