Reverse engineering a jackshaft

I’m not sure what to do in this situation. I’m pretty sure my snowbike is over geared. I’m running a 5hp Briggs and I have a torque converter on it. It’s geared 10/54. The 54 tooth gear is the biggest I can fit on the wheel without it being bigger than the wheel.

Should I run the torque converter to a jackshaft to the wheel? Should I get rid of the converter and just run a jackshaft? I just don’t know how to gear it with the 54 tooth gear.

I’m not sure what to do in this situation. I’m pretty sure my snowbike is over geared. I’m running a 5hp Briggs and I have a torque converter on it. It’s geared 10/54. The 54 tooth gear is the biggest I can fit on the wheel without it being bigger than the wheel.

Should I run the torque converter to a jackshaft to the wheel? Should I get rid of the converter and just run a jackshaft? I just don’t know how to gear it with the 54 tooth gear.
How many teeth is the drive sprocket on the converter? A larger[more teeth] will increase top end speed..The variable ratio of the converter should not be that noticeable off the line?

yes if u want more top speed?? then u want a larger front sprocket and smaller rear sprocket. also if you can put the rear in the air and rev the engine make sure your tc is working properly? front pulley should close up at rev rear should open up

10/54 works real good on the low end. Once the converter gets into “high gear” if I slow down it’s kinda down on power. Can I get a 9t for the driver somewhere?

Yea I’m using 35. I can buy one somewhere if I can find one. Any ideas on websites to check? The 10t I have has the key built into the sprocket. Pretty cool design

So far it’s not let me down. I’ve been riding it around the yard today and yesterday. Once that converter gets topped out though, I can fell the motor bog down. I think more power is the answer if I can’t get the gearing happy

35 chain can be strong
problem is tooth count and the size of the links is limiting once you go lower than 10 teeth.
Eventually the lower tooth count will be smaller than the shaft lol
but bigger links means you can run a lower tooth count and still be bigger than the shaft. Makes perfect sense when you think about it.
Unfortunately the only other option is to increase the tooth count of the rear sprocket.
went through this on my drag bike.
Lots of ppl running my setup use an 18” tal rear tire like the junior dragsters.
I wanted to keep the aesthetic of the mini bike so went with 6” rear wheel
that limits me on size of rear sprocket.
tried do go down in front, ran into this exact issue. Ended up increasing the rear sprocket little by little a tooth at a time
i love split sprockets lmao