Riding your mini bike on public streets

Status
Not open for further replies.

old shed finds

Uh, yup in most things. They to license or tax everything. We are one of the best in something, people moving out!
I believe the law in Utah is anything 5hp and above needs to be register too...Off road registration. .We have always drove to our Doomsville Lakepoint where nobody goes.But at a recreation park the bikes would be checked for registration. ." Stickers on right fork"..

Lizardking

My $80 ticket says differently. In NJ you are supposed to have it registered and insured. They wrote up unregistered but had they wrote up uninsured, I could have lost my drivers license and second offence, jail. Oh and it was a mandatory appearance in front of a judge. Weaseled out of that but not the fine.
Wow that's the type of stuff I would hate dealing with. Especially when riding your non registrable mini bike can potentially land you in jail.

wjustice

Wow that's the type of stuff I would hate dealing with. Especially when riding your non registrable mini bike can potentially land you in jail.
Yeah,it sucks. I have trikes and they dont have any numbers to use to register them with. When they were sold, it was like a minibike or gokart. The state wants a vin or mco.

I have been slowly adding mods to my MTD trail flite to try and make it street legal. Head and tail lights, blinkers, hazards, horn, etc. Tires say DOT but not sure how legit that is.
If I can find a sticker that says 49cc, I might have a chance of trying to register it as a moped by registering it in Vermont.

desert rat

The same rules for vin numbers apply to OHV stickers which minis must have to be legal for use in California. Having an HOV sticker still don't give anyone the right to operate a mini on the street, that being said I think it's cool to ride down the side of a road or on side streets just as you would a bicycle. Don't worry the rules are easy to fallow. Here in California you can get the book from DMV , that and a cuppa coffee and you are good to go. The second book is just for if'n you don't want to fallow the rules in the first book.

Attachments

Lizardking

I have been slowly adding mods to my MTD trail flite to try and make it street legal. Head and tail lights, blinkers, hazards, horn, etc. Tires say DOT but not sure how legit that is.
If I can find a sticker that says 49cc, I might have a chance of trying to register it as a moped by registering it in Vermont.
That reminds of somthing I read on the interweb. Someone registered a mini bike as a moped but can't remember where I saw that.

Lizardking

The same rules for vin numbers apply to OHV stickers which minis must have to be legal for use in California. Having an HOV sticker still don't give anyone the right to operate a mini on the street, that being said I think it's cool to ride down the side of a road or on side streets just as you would a bicycle. Don't worry the rules are easy to fallow. Here in California you can get the book from DMV , that and a cuppa coffee and you are good to go. The second book is just for if'n you don't want to fallow the rules in the first book.
Yikes!! More than a cup of joe would be needed to read through that! I see you would need the aleve for the pain on your fingers from turning so many pages. Lol

That reminds of somthing I read on the interweb. Someone registered a mini bike as a moped but can't remember where I saw that.
The reason it works is that Vermont doesn’t title anything 15yr old or older. But they can register the bike and then that reg can be transfer over to your state.
There is an inspection, and this process might not even work anymore but I might try it.

desert rat

At one time I knew both books fount to back. Took about a year and I can read every word in the LA times in under 1/2 hour. When I was young I had a problem reading so I was sent to specialized schooling for that problem and became a competitive speed reader. That book is small print and the wording is nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.