Riding your mini bike on public streets

Status
Not open for further replies.

GustoGuy

My $80 ticket says differently. In NJ you are supposed to have it registered and insured. They wrote up unregistered but had they wrote up uninsured, I could have lost my drivers license and second offence, jail. Oh and it was a mandatory appearance in front of a judge. Weaseled out of that but not the fine.
Party poopers. Fun suckers. Thankfully I have miles of low maintenance gravel roads to ride at my cabin. I live In Minnesota and I have ridden in town around my house and never got busted but I think I got lucky. I used an GPS speedometer app on my smart phone and discovered my resto-mod Rupp Roadster 2 achieved 53mph while on a ride.

toomanytoys

I live in the middle of no where. We rarely if ever see a cop. I ride on the road all the time. When I do see a cop they have never said a word. I've been doing this around my area since I've been about 8 years old. Nearing 40 now. No one seems to care.

In ohio I was able to make 2 assembled motor cycles out of minibikes. Been a long time since I did that though and have since sold both

Last edited:

SAS289

I live in the middle of no where. We rarely if ever see a cop. I ride on the road all the time. When I do see a cop they have never said a word. I've been doing this around my area since I've been about 8 years old. Nearing 40 now. No one seems to care.

In ohio I was able to make 2 assembled motor cycles out of minibikes. Been a long time since I did that though and have since sold both
Nice.... A couple decades ago I was taking my dirt bike to Noble county just south of Caldwell. Road with my nephew who had a Yamaha 3 wheeler. Loved it. I need to get the mini down there.

toomanytoys

Nice.... A couple decades ago I was taking my dirt bike to Noble county just south of Caldwell. Road with my nephew who had a Yamaha 3 wheeler. Loved it. I need to get the mini down there.
Out in country areas typically the laws regarding off road vehicles on the road are pretty lax.

When I had my SXS me and my wife were pretty far from the house on a tar and chip road. But there is no way you can get there without several miles of paved 2 lane road. Came around a turn and the cops had the road blocked. A house was on fire. I pulled up and stopped. The cop walked up and asked me 50 questions about my side by side and if I liked it. At the end he said you might as well turn around we will have this blocked for awhile. Never said I word about where I was or how I got there.

It's not bad. About an hour from Caldwell. Never venture out that way much. Used to hit a big flea market there frequently. Actually bought a couple mini bikes there.

Out in country areas typically the laws regarding off road vehicles on the road are pretty lax.

When I had my SXS me and my wife were pretty far from the house on a tar and chip road. But there is no way you can get there without several miles of paved 2 lane road. Came around a turn and the cops had the road blocked. A house was on fire. I pulled up and stopped. The cop walked up and asked me 50 questions about my side by side and if I liked it. At the end he said you might as well turn around we will have this blocked for awhile. Never said I word about where I was or how I got there.

It's not bad. About an hour from Caldwell. Never venture out that way much. Used to hit a big flea market there frequently. Actually bought a couple mini bikes there.
I’m about 35 minutes from Caldwell…

I74

Anyone else notice that most police officers are now lenient towards people safely riding on the streets? That's what's happening here in SoCal. I haven't ridden in main streets but ride the asphalt trails around my neighborhood without problems. I noticed it even before covid hit. This video shows how it is in my neighborhood. @desert rat I think these are some of the mini bike riders you told me about. EDIT: I know the burbs are different because of the noise.

Now that looks like a frigg'n hoot,, cruis'n drag bikes & everything,, & ''yes'',, I believe they are mov'n !! :p

Last edited:
I want to ride my bike on the local streets without getting hassled by the fuzz.
I already ride it around on my street but don't go too far away.
I live near power lines so the local cops are already on the lookout for the dirtbikes and quads.

Lizardking

From the videos on YouTube the local mini bike riders here in socal really don't get hassled. It's the ones riding dirtbikes and Quads that get their rides confiscated.
The knuckle heads without the helmets and riding all over the road are the ones that ruin it for the mini bikers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.