ring gap? HS40

I need the ring gap ,witch way is up and top and middle I.D. I cant believe I overlooked not knowing before I got this far ....any help would be great.

HS40

.007 to .017 end gap. Openings are spaced 120 degrees out from each other. Orientation doesn't matter. I do oil ring to the left, compression center, then top compression to the right.

The Tecumseh 3 to 11 HP manual is on line in PDF. (Less than ten bucks on ebay too)

Oh forgot- flat (right angle) side of the rings goes up. Angle goes down.

Replacement rings have compression rings of two different thickness' so far. No idea why. They fit the same. Hope someone can answer that. I haven't had any problems with it, but I do wonder.

"""Replacement rings have compression rings of two different thickness"""

that is one thing I cant find on line....and the kit came with two of the zig zag thin strips that go under the oil ring??? only one was on there when it came apart

"""Replacement rings have compression rings of two different thickness"""

that is one thing I cant find on line....and the kit came with two of the zig zag thin strips that go under the oil ring??? only one was on there when it came apart
There is only one zig zag thing under the oil ring. I stopped worrying about the differences between the compression rings. I couldn't find an answer, but I've done a few engines now with no problems. :shrug:

IF memory serves me correctly the one ring is thinner to use with the second expander (zig zag deal) on the second ring groove on emissions engines only. If using in an old cool bore don't use the expander. One of these rings should be chrome faced-that one is the top ring.

well I went to the local chain saw / tractor store and the guy there said the one ring is thinner than the other due to emissions and the ring with the bevel is the top ring and the ring with the step is the second one bevel up step down....so basically what was said here ...and wouldn't you know they didn't stock the snap-ring for the crank...thanks guys