ring gear flywheel HM100

I now know my super bronc 10hp runs :thumbsup:

It is pull start only. I would like to make it electric start also(12v DC).
My engine has some sort of lighting coil but no ring gear for the starter. Does anyone know the part # i would need to do this ? Can you just add the ring gear to my flywheel?

My engine seems to be a 1979 HM100 159028 ser. 9285D

Thanks for any & all help

John

UHHHHhHHhhhhhhhhhhhhh :confused: THATS a goocher..... :laugh:

I WANT TO say yes, you can just add the ring gear, but am not %1,000 sure.. I have a starter and mabye probably a flywheel??? :laugh:

I have a setup from a vertical crank engine.. I could look at it and let ya know what I find..

I know it is going to be an iron flywheel, and the charging system is an alternator with voltage regulator.. But the flywheel is your biggest concern...

As long as the taper, timing, diameter, and depth, are all the same.. It should work for ya.. :laugh:

Is your flywheel aluminum or iron? MUST be iron on a motor that big, huh? :confused:

The flywheel looks to be aluminum W/plastic cooling fins? I was suprised it had plastic fins. I am assuming the lighting coil works. I have not tested it but the wires are there.

John

Here is what we are looking for and we wanted to know if you got your question answered.

We need info on Electric start conversion - I have a 10HP Tecumseh HM100-159273L on a Coleman Powermate contractor 5000W Gen, PLO525208 Ser 67070612, cast iron sleeve. I'd like to convert to electric 12V start. No need for alt, connecting to the existing battery bank. I need a ring gear for the flywheel on this model. I was told the ring gear is not sold seperately. How and what do we order? Thanks for any info you can offer. Much appreciated.

Here is what we are looking for and we wanted to know if you got your question answered.

We need info on Electric start conversion - I have a 10HP Tecumseh HM100-159273L on a Coleman Powermate contractor 5000W Gen, PLO525208 Ser 67070612, cast iron sleeve. I'd like to convert to electric 12V start. No need for alt, connecting to the existing battery bank. I need a ring gear for the flywheel on this model. I was told the ring gear is not sold seperately. How and what do we order? Thanks for any info you can offer. Much appreciated.
Before going too deep, does you engine have the drilled and tapped holes to mount a starter?

Before going too deep, does you engine have the drilled and tapped holes to mount a starter?
I know this post is a little old, but I'm looking to do the same thing. I have a 10HP Tecumseh HM100-159409P with the drilled & tapped mounting holes and the bump out for a starter in the flywheel cover. (Only thing missing is a ring gear)