Robin 6.5 ohv, what parts interchange?

125ccCrazy

I just picked up a kart with a 6.5 Robin ohv, I havent torn it down, just cleaning all the gook off the outside for now, my question is, what if any internal parts "i.e rod, piston, cam" will fit this engine?? from the outside it has some characteristics of a Briggs Intek and then also some Honda or Clone looks.. I'd like to put a billet rod in it and maybe a mild cam just to give it a bit more power and durability to push this buggy kart around a little better since it's a two person kart so it's fairly big and heavy.... I know the better plan would be a 13hp but thats gonna require too many changes and expense at this time unless I could find a heck of a deal on an engine and converter set up..

hmm well since its the OHV denomination a rod might be worth a try if there the same lenth it should work you might have to machine a litle of the face of the piston if the bilets a litle longer an a piston is pretty much universal as long as it fits rod specs an bore i dont know about the cam though but hey definatly check it may be worth a trie if they have the same sized crank gear

125ccCrazy

hmm well since its the OHV denomination, a rod might be worth a try if there the same lenth, it should work, you might have to machine a litle of the face of the piston if the bilets a litle longer an a piston is pretty much universal as long as it fits rod specs an bore i dont know about the cam though but hey definatly check it may be worth a trie if they have the same sized crank gear
not really looking to have to make or machine anything to fit, hoping there is a rod and cam that will bolt in but I'm not familiar with the Robin engine, it looks pretty rugid and durable, pretty good size ports so a few add on goodies should wake it right up.....

not really looking to have to make or machine anything to fit, hoping there is a rod and cam that will bolt in but I'm not familiar with the Robin engine, it looks pretty rugid and durable, pretty good size ports so a few add on goodies should wake it right up.....
well there some of the highest quiality engines you can get and realy they have the strongest stock rod of any stock engine an robertson sells header pipes for them you need to find out how long the rod is in it to i belive the come stock with pretty big valves for a stock engin

125ccCrazy

I was on a site the other day that says that they build Robin/Subaru's. I'll try and find it.
I'd appreciate that

well there some of the highest quiality engines you can get and realy they have the strongest stock rod of any stock engine an robertson sells header pipes for them you need to find out how long the rod is in it to i belive the come stock with pretty big valves for a stock engin
I just pulled the side cover off since the oil looked like it was never changed in the last several years, to my surprise it has an over head cam, timing chain, some crazy looking rockers, bearings on the crank... looks like a really stout engine..... I started making a header flange so I can fab up a header and then an intake to try a bigger Mikuni, it has a mikuni on it stock that looks simular to a clone carb.... If I can locate a rod and maybe a cam I think this engine will pull some pretty good power..:thumbsup:

shoot man you screwd as far as a cam goes thats a great engine you got there cept its got a monolobe cam and if you spinto high to long it will stretch the chain there very stout an always have dual bearings

well ive pulld OHC engines apart an thats the chain they got i aint never seen an extreem version of one either and on a side noted that motor was hydro locked (i know offtopic just felt like sharin)

The Robin is a great motor, but there are very few aftermarket parts that I am aware of, other than the header previously mentioned. I would PM Minidragbike, I think he's worked with them before.

125ccCrazy

The Robin is a great motor, but there are very few aftermarket parts that I am aware of, other than the header previously mentioned. I would PM Minidragbike, I think he's worked with them before.
I contacted Gecker and they said they make different parts fit (custom work) but as far as aftermarket bolt on stuff, guess there isnt any... I'll prob just do a header and carb and leave it alone...

125ccCrazy

theyve got the strongest stock rod of any motor
yeah it looks pretty well made, I'm sure with just removing the govenor, a header and a good carb she'll pick up a pony or two,,,, it's just a buggy kart for bouncing around this winter, if it doesnt have enough pull maybe I'll swap it out later for something bigger...