rokon trail-breaker

Here's one for the more money than brains club I thought i'd share, ROKON: TrailBreaker I seen this in the back of popular mechanics mag, While the duel wheel drive is cool I don't know about spending 5,500-6000 for it might as well get a quad or dirt bike.

I found a couple older ones in the past for just under $2.000 and thought that was steep. I heard the had a problem /glitch but can't remember what it was.:doah:

Wrong answer : A Rokon Trail Breaker is the ultimate off road bike if you want to go where no other bike can go. The early Rokon's had the Chrysler Marine 135CC Two Stroke rated @ 9 Hp with a 3 speed Abulon Transmission the low gear ratio is 84: to 1 top speed of 25 MPH . The new ones use 4 stroke Honda and Kohler engines and top out about 40 MPH.
If you ever get a chance to ride one you will find out that your riding skills are below the machines capability. I had one and it was a blast to ride and I am sorry I ever sold it. When they came out they sold in the $800.00 Range but you could also by a Chevy pick-up for $2500.00 so the price of $5000.00 is not out of line.
Steve :scooter:

Last edited:
W O W !!!, the only thing this bike don't have is a toilet paper dispencer!!! GOSH !!! did you all take a look at the options? Rokon Trail-breaker price $5,700.00, before add on options, That bike could end up costing 10 grand!!!!, W O W !!!
dave

I Rode a Rokon rx/c340 bike back in the late 80's it was a auto with a huge 2 stroke engine and was essentially a street legal enduro.

The Sombitch was fine putting around but if you got in the pipe It was all you could do to hold on for dear life.

The Trail breakers are pretty cool. You'd be hard pressed to ride a 4wheel in the terrain they can ride over.

I once had my trike out watching a guy trying to climb a big hill in Saddle-back Park in Irvine, California he was on a Suzuki RM400 and he just couldn't make it over the top of the crest. I was talking to him and told him I could make it in low gear on my 125cc machine and bet him $10.00 so I went back to the pits and got my Rokon and went back to the hill and waved to him and went into first gear and walked up that very steep hill and the Rokon ( AKA Mechanical Donkey ) just clawed its way up the hill. I have climbed sand dunes at Pismo Beach and not much fun but mud and ruts is Rokon country. You may never see Dale Earnhardt Jr. riding one but the Quads have never learned to float across a lake or swamp and still have an environmental foot print lighter than Man.
Preaching is over LOL Steve :scooter: