Rookie needs throttle control help

I have a small Snowco trike that was a bare frame when I started. It is now getting close to runnable. I have a Tecumseh Formula 5.0 hp overhead valve engine on it.
I bought a Tecumseh engine control for the throttle from OldMiniBikes Warehouse but I'm having trouble figuring out exactly how it mounts and operates.
I have read thru the help threads but this setup appears to be different from the flathead engines or at least ones discussed.
Any help would be greatly appreciated and if you have pictures of this engine with this setup that would be great too.

Attachments

Hey RustyGold...welcome to the OldMiniBikes...!

Nice project you got going there.

I think that throttle control is designed to fit on the side of a flathead Tecumseh motor.

Stick around, someone will be familiar with your motor, and will help you sort it out.

DaddyJohn

I think that throttle control is designed to fit on the side of a flathead Tecumseh motor.
I've mounted one of those to a flathead H40 snowblower engine, and can confirm that's what it's for. It fastens to the side of the blower housing near where the carb is mounted. I'm speculating that it wouldn't be compatible with the OHV engine, but may be proven wrong...

DaddyJohn

As I look at what you have though, it may be possible to hook your throttle cable in the existing cable housing clamp there by the float bowl and loosen the pivot screw slightly to allow for free rotation. Looks like it wants a z-bend in the end of a solid cable through that hole in the bracket as it sits, but you might be able to attach a cable stop in that spot like this: