Roper leftovers

Somehow I've managed to collect a few Ropers. This one had some serious high-speed forks and the neck plate was pretty messed-up.

I decided to extend the swing arm 4 1/2" and cut the neck apart and add some rake.

I had another front end and some 8" wheels and tires.

I had a Raptor and a Tillotson carburetor on the shelf.

Finally, I had a NOS Roper tank and a new seat. I like it a lot so far.

All my Ropers seem to have different neck angles. I think I might fix that.

Last edited:

markus

I like how it opened it up, looks a lot better like that! Gonna change the bars around any so they don't dig into your knee's? The hoop in the back was a slick touch too :pimp:

I've ever noticed a difference in fork neck angles but I could be wrong. I have noticed that gusset placement varies, it was likely not fixed in the jig but added afterwards.

None the less you transformed a cool bike into a Bad Ass bike, the stance is sinister and just right. You done good!

Well whether or not we have a 2016 Build-Off I've been saving my Roper for it , I have new found inspiration from ibspector01's great looking build and January 1st can't get here soon enough , Thanks :thumbsup:

I want to thank everyone for your positive comments on my roper. I kind of made it up as I went, but I like the way it's turning out.Thanks for the compliments.:scooter: