Roper of some sort?

Ceejus

Just picked this up a couple days ago. Seems to me like it's a Roper, but the pegs are in the wrong place. I'm guessing that they were cut off and moved so a taller person could ride it. It's got a "Trailmaster" sticker on the front of the forks, which is probably wrong, but no raised ring, like I've seen on the sears bikes. The rear shocks are gone and struts have been put in place. Also, it's got the rear disc brake bracket, but not the front suspension. Did the rigid front end bike come with the rear disc brake? Are there any calipers that will bolt up to it, at all? Thanks! You all have been really helpful wit this stuff for me before and i really appreciate it! PS: Had to make a new profile, because i couldn't remember my password and junk for the old one.

Attachments

Last edited:

Triley41395

The brackets for the gas tank are also welded on top and some sort of extra bracket by the rear wheels. The black rods that should be shocks are mounted in the wrong holes also.

Also noticed that the big bolt that goes side to side under the engine plate has been removed.
Was it welded up? That is the pivot point for the Roper "swingarm". On these bikes the entire motor plate pivots. Without the bolt and pivot point there is no use installing rear shocks as they will not do anything.
Michael

nightgrider

The swing arm looks to be welded, but it is a little hard to tell from the picture. It looks like live axel bearing hangers were added at the rear.

Ceejus

Uuuuugh!!! I hate when people mess this stuff up!!!! I really wish they wouldn't have screwed up the swingarm pivot. No wonder i didn't know what that big bolt was for, that i saw in the other pics. Jeez.....

Ceejus

Yep...it's welded alright. Judging from the position of the engine plate, they moved it all back to lengthen the wheelbase, too. Might be difficult to even get an engine in the thing. Think my best bet at this point is to grab a riser plate from OldMiniBikes warehouse to move it up and forward as much as possible. Guess i can make a drag bike out of it or something... sigh....

Also noticed that number stamped on the bottom of one of the seat supports. Don't know if it means anything or not.

Attachments

Triley41395

Il
Yep...it's welded alright. Judging from the position of the engine plate, they moved it all back to lengthen the wheelbase, too. Might be difficult to even get an engine in the thing. Think my best bet at this point is to grab a riser plate from OldMiniBikes warehouse to move it up and forward as much as possible. Guess i can make a drag bike out of it or something... sigh....

Also noticed that number stamped on the bottom of one of the seat supports. Don't know if it means anything or not.
It looks like it's back about 2.5 to 3 inches. With the foot pegs placement and rear-end extended I think they were trying to make it a hard tail cruiser. I actually kinda like it, will need a high back seat or strong sissy bar but could be pretty cool.

Ceejus

Il
It looks like it's back about 2.5 to 3 inches. With the foot pegs placement and rear-end extended I think they were trying to make it a hard tail cruiser. I actually kinda like it, will need a high back seat or strong sissy bar but could be pretty cool.
I'll trade you for your frame! Hahaha!

Get your riser plate from Hent.com, You'll be helping the moderator of this site..
And I agree with @Triley41395 that can still be a really cool bike as is ;)