RTS expansion chambers

wjustice

A guy on here a while back had a phase111. Trent Derkas or something like that. His has them

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Tri-Sport

Looks great but the normal exhaust on the SL was very close to the back of the body of the trike. So possibly the Phase 3 was made with a bit more clearance to fit that type of expansion chambers .
I had one RTS dual main tube frame and it had a single carb 440 engine and I sold it to Jack Harkey back in 1972. I sold two frames and 3 engines and 2 sets of Alsport expansion chambers plus another set of pipes. It all went to the guy in Lower Illinois. Who also bought my RTS SL

wjustice

I found him, Trent Derkatz. Pm'd him, hopefully he can get me straight. Haven't seen him but he has been on lately. It looks like they are just bolted on at their flanges to the bumper mount.

The pipes look pretty big and must of had a tight turn out of the engine and a long elbow to connect to the larger pipe body. A look at the back that shows the brake discs and calipers would be great.

wjustice

There is a rear pic in his thread about the phase111. I've seen a set I'm considering getting and the 180 bend is a larger radius then the over the top pipe setup. No muffling she'll like on the top setup eithet

Sorry wjustice I have been away from the site for a while. I did get a email notification that you pm me but I was away at the time. I went out and took a few pictures of those pipes and hopefully you can see how they are mounted.

wjustice

Well you have the AS engine. I think it has higher compression=a bit more noise. My micro-sprints guys say I can add a "stinger" to quiet it some.