Rugblaster's 2015 OldMiniBikes buildoff "cactus donkey" jff

Nothing to report

Still waiting for the seat from North Carolina and the graphics from Austin. I ordered some 1 Shot paints and some striping brushes from Steve Kafka.....I want to learn how to pin stripe and I'm going to start with this bike.

Here is a prickly pear cactus I saw on a fence line the other day. They aren't normally heart shaped. (I had to reference the Cactus Donkey theme since I don't have a seat.)

Last edited:
Got the seat and the decals in

Installed the leather seat and matt black stickers.

Front fork art.

Tank sides.

Family cow brand.

Seat maker stamp.

All I need to do now is put on the grips, throttle, brake and find fittings for the fuel line. I'll post a video as soon as that stuff is done. I generally wreck whatever I'm test driving for the first time, so stay tuned for that.

I've somehow missed out on this build..but after looking through the entire thread, I'm very impressed with the craftsmanship and the creativity(not to mention the top notch welding). Keep up the good work!

CarPlayLB

Dammit Cactus Rug Blaster Boy...that bike is awesome! Amazing work! Well thought out! the details are something I strive for! I may have to copy some of your stuff and call it my own!:thumbsup: Very impressive skills you have Sir!

I've somehow missed out on this build..but after looking through the entire thread, I'm very impressed with the craftsmanship and the creativity(not to mention the top notch welding). Keep up the good work!
Dammit Cactus Rug Blaster Boy...that bike is awesome! Amazing work! Well thought out! the details are something I strive for! I may have to copy some of your stuff and call it my own!:thumbsup: Very impressive skills you have Sir!
Thanks mucho....

If anyone needs leather work done you can contact John Shaffer at Alamo Custom Leather on the Google. He has photos of all kinds of good stuff. Check it!!!!

RB, I found these 1/8 x 1/4 barb's for you but no 3/16's ...let me know if you can use one or not?

I've used this in my quart round tanks. You can find it cheaper than the link I posted, and here is the part number:

•Oregon Part # 07-400

View attachment 71618
That seat is sweet !!

Eric is going to send me the fittings, thanks for that.

Dave, that piece would work, but I'm going to try turning down the 1/4 barb to 3/16 and it may not work with that particular fitting. The Orient Express one lunger has a shutoff already. It would be like wearing suspenders and a belt. (I'm not casting aspersions or asparagus on anyone that does that.) I found that Kohler fuel filter that MIKEZ earlier, in this build, suggested at Tractor Supply. It has 3/16 and 1/4 barbs on it, so it is flexable as far as fuel lines are concerned. the p/n is 25-050-07-S1

Thanks for the seat comment Chipper.....the cred goes John Shaffer at Alamo Custom Leather in North Carolina....he is on the web with pictures that are worth looking at. I tied latigo leather and a rolled up Mexican blanket on the back of the seat and that looks cool, and functional for some creek side smooching and heavy petting. Like Jack Nickelson in The Missouri Breaks

Last edited: