Running no HG

Are the factory predator mating surfaces decent enough to run no HG? I've done this in polished heads before with no issue on flat heads to get a bump in compression, but never a predator. Is this advisable or not? I have the stamped VC predator and .010 steel HG currently. I have purchased a 14cc head and was considering going with no HG. Is this generally not an acceptable practice?

Guess a fewe local JR dragsters do it quite regularly. they use "right stuff" and that's it. Same guy states he has also have put together minibikes that way with no issue. As long as the surfaces are flat I don't see why it wouldn't work. .010 worth of comp height isn't much gain on the other hand. choices choices........

Guess a fewe local JR dragsters do it quite regularly. they use "right stuff" and that's it. Same guy states he has also have put together minibikes that way with no issue. As long as the surfaces are flat I don't see why it wouldn't work. .010 worth of comp height isn't much gain on the other hand. choices choices........
Oh ok I know exactly what you are saying now. Sorry I thought you meant actually running nothing at all lol
My Blockzilla has that type of sealer on it, but I think it’s because alcohol engines run a lot cooler than gas engines do.
Not sure if right stuff would stand up to gas engine temps but there’s only one way to find out

The piston to deck is usually .040 to .045 in the hole measured at the outer edge of the dish piston to the deck. Thats if it came with a thin steel gasket when built. You gained compression with the head but your quench is what you need to change. Deck block or use a longer rod.

Revisiting this I was leaking some oil and couldn't find the issue. In an attempt to find the leak I popped the head off. Head gasket appeared fine. I reinstalled it with a light coating of Permatex "right stuff" sealer an no gasket. Have over an hour of "race time" on it and it seems fine. Defiantly healthy up top. Will pull past 7500 if I let it. Not that I'm doing much up there but previously would not pull higher RPM. (mod2 cam, $35 gx160 clone head)