Rupp 72, 1968 TT-500, Vintage Class, OldMiniBikes Build Off 16'

Rupp 72

Stop spending your college money on chrome!
(Unless of course your gonna re-produce Rupp bikes and parts again!)
I wish chrome wasn't so addicting:doah: that's okay i have my whole life to pay for college right:wink:???

In all seriousness though, I've been selling other project's and parts on ebay and Craigslist just to invest it all right back into this bike.

Rupp 72

Well most people might think I'm crazy but i sent my last few parts awaiting chrome out yesterday. Finding a place to have chrome work done in less then a month is almost unheard of but it can be done!

I also started looking at my headlight and wiring harness just trying to make sure everything is ready to go and noticed that the headlight bucket on my first tt500 has the part number physically stamped into the top of it, however on one of my headlight buckets in my parts pile has the part number in ink on the inside of the bucket. Just thought it was odd and wondered why there was a change in the way they labeled the headlight bucket.

Rupp 72

Here it is! The very last of the chrome parts for this bike. My chrome guy did an astonishing job and in record time too, i couldn't be happier:smile:

I even had the throttle linkage parts chromed! The quality of the finish on these tiny parts is absolutely amazing.

I also had the disk brake bolts chromed to match the disk, trying to pay attention to all of the small details.

Last edited:

Rupp 72

Rupp 72

I also had the wheele centers clear anodized, it gave the wheels a really uniform appearance and finish. It made the wheels a little darker but if anything it will just contrast with the chrome a little bit more wich i think should give it a really awesome look. It should also be corrosion resistant for a very long time. I just didn't want to simply paint the wheels, i wanted them to still look like metal as if it were just coming out of the factory. Paint just doesn't duplicate the look i wanted.