Rupp Dart Cycle

Hounddog

I have a nice original Rupp Dart Cycle Deluxe for sale. Rupp was well known for its great go-karts. They produced their first Minibikes in 1962. They were called the Dart Cycle. This is an original Dart Cycle in very good condition. It has front suspension, two piece wheels with grease ports and Good Year tires, a rear drum brake, jackshaft and clutch cover. The engine on the bike is not original, however I have included a correct early series Lauson engine. I also have a new reproduction seat included, and a new reproduction ID model/serial number tag. The bike does have the original ID tag on the bike as well. This is a good one, you cannot go wrong here. I am located in California and am asking $1595 OBO. Take a look at the pics and ask any questions. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

Hounddog

I have a nice original Rupp Dart Cycle Deluxe for sale. Rupp was well known for its great go-karts. They produced their first Minibikes in 1962. They were called the Dart Cycle. This is an original Dart Cycle in very good condition. It has front suspension, two piece wheels with grease ports and Good Year tires, a rear drum brake, jackshaft and clutch cover. The engine on the bike is not original, however I have included a correct early series Lauson engine. I also have a new reproduction seat included, and a new reproduction ID model/serial number tag. The bike does have the original ID tag on the bike as well. This is a good one, you cannot go wrong here. I am located in California and am asking $1595 OBO. Take a look at the pics and ask any questions. Thanks for looking.

I have received questions from a few members about the 6" front wheel and the engine on the bike. Some think the engine may actually be the original engine? I am not sure..

The Rupp Dart Cycles were built from 1962-1963+-. This bike is a Deluxe model as per the ID badge on the bike. In 1963 the Deluxe Model came with a 6" front wheel. It was my understanding that this was found to roll, turn, and generally handle better than the earlier 5" front wheel. I also have an October 1963 Karting World Magazine that has a road test of the 1963 Rupp Dart Cycle Deluxe with 6" wheels. The article describes the bike, its options, and a full test. I will include the magazine with the purchase of the bike. The 1963 Rupp Dart Cycle Deluxe model came with a 2.5 Horsepower engine or a 3.5 Horsepower engine in 1963 as per the article. The engine on the bike is a 2.5 horsepower. I also have the 3.5 horsepower Lauson included in the sale as pictured. I have attached a picture of a restored 1963 Rupp dart Cycle Deluxe, and a copy of the magazine article.

Attachments

markus

Sears had them listed in 1964, they showed as 6" wheeled, tall bars, 2.5 hp (picture shows as a bowl carb configuration) and a conventional twist grip, Not a side pull dellorto throttle. Dunno if they block out the Rupp name on the bikes or not at that time as that was the first offereing of rupp made products.

Hounddog

Hi Markus,

Thats great information. Could you post a picture of the Sears add? We all would like to have a copy for our files. I have copies of many Rupp adds but cannot locate the one you are referencing. Thanks for your help!

markus

The one I have downloaded is a pretty crappy photo I had saved from an ebay listing so its not too great.......BUT I found this within a couple of minutes and a basic search right here on OldMiniBikes. This was loaded up by KK, but he gave Props to Dick Debuse for supplying it...(remember that when you see it posted up on other sites in the next couple of days :))

Hounddog

The one I have downloaded is a pretty crappy photo I had saved from an ebay listing so its not too great.......BUT I found this within a couple of minutes and a basic search right here on OldMiniBikes. This was loaded up by KK, but he gave Props to Dick Debuse for supplying it...(remember that when you see it posted up on other sites in the next couple of days :))

Thats great Markus!, I had not seen that add before. My bike had lights on it when I bought it. I took them off because I did not like the way they looked. I still have them in a box. Thanks for the picture/add. HD