Rupp Enduro

Hey everyone, just picked up this Rupp Enduro. I have a spare GX200 I’m going to run in it. My question is, what size was the original driven unit? Was it 6” or 7”? Thanks 2373A0A8-CFD5-482D-9E13-969EE7028D27.jpeg

minibikefever

it's an enduro also, just picked it up with a 212 predatot motor on it. I don't know what I will do with it yet? kick stand seems fine but like on my mtd the same type it feels sloppy? works.

joshua. c.

rupp used a Fairbanks Morse clutch. if you want to go original you'll have to track one down. if you don't care about originality a comet torque converter can be made to work. at that point a 6 inch would fit best and be closest to the original size and would be more likely to fit under an original cover.

joshua. c.

also on another topic that seat looks badly bent. the tail should point upwards a bit more. and from personal experience on anything other than perfectly level ground those kickstands are useless. I'm surprised rupp never changed to a more normal more functional kick stand.

cfh

Rupp did *not* use a fairbank morse torque converter. It was a similar design, but it Rupp's own design and only used on their bikes. It's close, but you can't interchange parts between Fairbank Morse and Rupp torque converters. The driven units are really close. But the drive units really are not.

also on another topic that seat looks badly bent. the tail should point upwards a bit more. and from personal experience on anything other than perfectly level ground those kickstands are useless. I'm surprised rupp never changed to a more normal more functional kick stand.
I went and took a look. The seat pan does swoop up. I think the foam is worn down flat

Attachments

cfh

your seat pan is a little bent. not too bad but the tail is down a bit. you can probably hammer that back up just a hair...

Sorry peoples, work has been crazy busy. I’ve got a little progress done my full. Follow up question about the torque converter, was the set up originally symmetric or asymmetric?