Rupp info?

Upcoming farm auction has a "80cc Rupp minibike" listed, but no other info. Wheels look a bit large for a "mini" bike. More toward the size of 16" or 18", so that throws me a little.
(Let's see if I can get a pic up.) Rupp80.jpg

Roger

Oh, I'll definitely be going. I may be too much of a tightwad to bring it home, but I'm surely going to see about it.
There's also an old sears "106" bike listed, but no pics. (I wonder if it sports an "Allstate" badge?)
Thanks for the ads, Murphy.

Roger

I was a Rupp Dealer back in 1972 to 1974 I sold some of the mini bikes like the Hustler and I sold the RMS 80 & 100 never got any of the Rupp Black Widow bikes The Rupp liked to sell lots of parts

Upcoming farm auction has a "80cc Rupp minibike" listed, but no other info. Wheels look a bit large for a "mini" bike. More toward the size of 16" or 18", so that throws me a little.
(Let's see if I can get a pic up.) View attachment 258096

Roger
Would love to get my hands on one of these! Did you end up getting it? I'd be more than willing to make you an offer, if you'd be willing to part ways with it.

Well, it was as good in person as the pic let on. Had good compression, was missing the tail light lens, but had a key in the switch. No ownership documents available, but that wouldn't have been too much of an issue in Iowa.
Bad news.......on-line bidding drove it to $650, and live bidders took it to $1000. Far too steep for my checkbook. Perhaps this bit of info will lend credence to real-world pricing.

Roger