Rupp Minibike

I just purchased a mini bike I was told is a 1980’s rupp but think it’s older but can’t tell what year it is. Any help would be greatly appreciated I’m new to this. Hopefully these pics help. The last pic is the only serial number I can find. 0DF456F1-573C-482F-85D8-64C92F33CEE2.jpeg 2821A6DA-36B1-4DC7-BA91-DB25D96D323B.jpeg 2FB3B641-7B1B-4404-8AB3-8DF9FF7A3C6E.jpeg

Welcome to the oldminibikes.com forum @tstanzione !

Nice find. I do believe it's a late 60's version Rupp, but am unsure what model.

One of the experts will narrow it down for you.

Enjoy it, and enjoy the site.

mustangfrank

Will the parts of a rupp fit the powerdyne? I’m looking to restore the best I can
Depends what parts you're talking about, so much is generic or same parts used by different manufacturers. Rupp specific parts command a premium so you're money ahead to avoid unless you really like something special, (headlight bucket, chain guard, etc.).

Depends what parts you're talking about, so much is generic or same parts used by different manufacturers. Rupp specific parts command a premium so you're money ahead to avoid unless you really like something special, (headlight bucket, chain guard, etc.).
Front forks are a little tweaked. I want to replace fenders and shocks. And this has a foot brake might want to switch to a hand break

mustangfrank

Yeah if you can't straighten your forks they sell generic weld up kits (one uses Rupp or Ruttman springs) depending on your skills or get your head tube dimensions and compare to some late 60s Rupps, you might be able to swap in a set. Forks are almost always bent so it's fun finding stuff that fits easily and is better than what you got. Price out Azusa or generic parts you mentioned and price Rupp stuff, you'll see...enjoy whatever you do!

joshua. c.

don't forget to re install that missing jackshaft. it plays an important roll in helping to keep the chain on. without it your bike will derail easily.

markus

Disreguard the in info on the bike in the add, as it is incorrect/fake (notice the wording "had you have ben a member already, you could have taken advantage of our steal of the month" :D. but here is what the bike looked like for the most part new. You will get better stopping power with the foot brake rather than a cable/lever. And while I will agree that a jackshaft is a better setup for less chain troubles. that particualr bike did not come with one. But if you did utilize one, you want to try and put your input (from engine) on the outside left since you are restricted to left side output only due to brake. Most bikes of that era that is a problem, but since they are forward peg frames, that would not create a problem to do, plus you can better center a big powerplant in the frame that way if you did it.

If I wanted to go from a 4.10/3.50-6 rim and tire size to and 8 inch or even a 10 inch rim with out using fenders should I be able to run that with out issues. Asking before I purchase new rims and tires.